Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Handler

I had my kidney-transplant at one of the world's preeminent hospital's (Johns Hopkins) and subsequent nephrology care, there. I was very apprehensive when I relocated to Vero Beach as to being able to find a quality practitioner and practice. Several year's ago I tried Dr. Richard Handler and my concern's were set-aside almost immediately. From his surefooted reception-staff, Nursing Team and of course, himself all without a blemish. Next door to his office is their own lab which make's my monitoring that much easier. Ample disabled parking, comfortable waiting area and central location of office assist in my general abilities as I am a leg-amputee. Most importantly, as a Physician, Dr. Richard Handler's medical understanding of his specialty is on par of the level I came to appreciate at Hopkins. A kind and decent fellow to boot!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

He is patient, kind, sympathetic and he listens to you and how you are feeling. Very knowledgeable and willing to work to get to the bottom of the cause of your symptoms even when you have complicating factors.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I have been with Dr. Handler since 2005.He has always been nice,prompt, and will spend time with me,as needed. I recently moved to Stuart, and I plan on staying with Dr. H. It is hard to find a Dr. that you trust, feel safe with, and always there for me -if needed. My Dr. H is a keeper!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Excellent Doctor, I recommend him to anyone.He listen to the patient, he has a big heart because he is willing to offers free care to those that has no insurance and no income.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

I am an RN, and Dr. Handler has been caring for my elderly father for quite sometime. Dr. Handler has a wonderful, caring bedside manner, is attentive to my father's needs, has an exceptional ability to share information in words that my father understands. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Handler's knowledge, competence, being on top of the latest advances in renal care, and his compassion. Living in Boston myself, it is very reassuring to know my father is receiving such capable and attentive care from Dr. Handler, his nurse practitioner, and his office staff.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2011

Not enough space to list all my complaints. Patient care is not his first concern.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

this doctor was very nice to my husband and me. he explained and answered all question that we had(we just found out my husband has PKD. He was patient with both of us and even called at nitetime to see how my husband was feeling.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2005

Dr. Richard J. Handler's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)