Ratings for Dr. W. Youssef

I believe Dr. Youssef is a caring person, but the way she runs her practice is chaotic and I also think she over-prescribes medications. She seems to suffer from significant stress that she projects onto patients (I've been chastised about refusing anti-depressants when I tell her I sleep well and don't feel I'm suffering from stress). As well, her staff is defensive about her schedule. Although you can call in to find out how far behind she is, they will tell you an hour and when you show up you could still be waiting 2-3 hours. You can keep checking in, but plan to give up a whole afternoon or evening waiting.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Agreed with everyone else!! Almost 3 hrs for every appt and comes in hours after her first appt. Been with her for years but wasn't worth staying! She has gone really down hill and doesn't speak very nice to her clients! She once was filling out a form and when I told her my disease name I've had since birth she disagreed saying it was something else! After looking in her papers she says Oh ya you're right. Uh you think?! Then she shuts me up when telling her what to write in one spot she says"I know you're smart... but I'm smarter! The nerve of her!! I've got an IQ close to genius thank you! Besides you don't say that to your patient! Very rude! On another occasion she insisted I take these pills for my leg that would drain potassium from my body. With my disease I don't store potassium much so any I have must stay in and I told her this. She insisted and I ended up in ER almost having a stroke! She prescribes a pill that me that I need a form filled out for exemption of use so I can continue playing sports! She prescribes it but won't fill out a form saying so?! Hmm why not? What is she hiding?! Also Loooves her antidepressants!! That's all she ever recommends for anything! Told her I can't sleep cause the pain in my legs is so bad! Her only suggestion was an antidepressant! I'm in pain not depressed! She insists on one month visits just for the money for sure! She one time told me her rent was $8,000. Why should I know that?! Again agreed with every bad comment on her! The tardiness, the way she dresses and the disregard for a patients actual issue! So glad I went elsewhere! :)

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

If you really care more about your schedule than your health than it's time to get your priority's straight. I would rather a see a doctor that cares more about solving my health issues and caring about my overall well being, than being shoved through so they can see as many patients as possible. Dr. Youssef is an EXCELLENT doctor. You will not find a better doctor. I would happily wait for her level of service any day. People here think they're booking for a spa appointment or something. Obviously the doctor doesn't know what they are going to face when they enter the room, and it's so hard to find a doctor that will spend the time to make sure you are adequately cared for. I would recommend her to anyone and literally trust her with my life. If all these people can just complain about wait times than you should just go to a medicenter where they shovel you through and don't even examine you.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

Yes, you will have to wait to see Dr. Youssef. However, I guarantee it is worth every single second of the wait. Dr. Youssef is a compassionate doctor that truly cares about her patients, and will help them above and beyond what any other doctor would do or is expected to do. She is very thorough and will order the proper tests to figure out your diagnosis. She is an absolutely amazing doctor and I couldn't praise her enough. Thank you so much Dr. Youssef for everything you have done for me. I literally owe my life to you.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Youssefs' for more years than I should have. To start with she was OK, but as the years have passed, so has her regard for her patients. I had an apt with her this week and it took 4 1/2 hours of my time..I was scheduled for 4:15, I finally left her office at 8:45. Her staff are very unfriendly and not very helpful, this time the receptionist actually told me she was running behind and to come back around 5:30, but this is the only time they actually offered this advice. The one time I booked an appointment in the morning (the first one of the day) Dr Youssef finally walked in the doors after 12:00 and when I finally got to see her, she joked about being on the phone that morning with her travel agent for over an hour. I am definitely looking to find another doctor, it is hard to find one these days who are accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

This doctor is literally hours late for every appointment. She doesn't even arrive to work before her patients start filling the waiting room. We've been there for a 10am appointment and she didn't even show up until close to noon. Ended up being seen at 2:30pm! Completely disregards your reason for visiting. Belittles you if you've consulted Dr Google before consulting with her. Went in for an issue with fluid retention and she just says that I am fat and refuses to send my referral to the lymphedema clinic as I requested. She's an awful doctor. I don't recommend that anyone goes to her. I'm not sure if she reads these reviews or not.. but if she does, here's a helpful tip for you Dr Youssef: Dress like a middle aged doctor and not a street hooker, please.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Horrible experience. Wait time is 5 plus hours at times as she does not show up for work on time. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

When I first started seeing Dr. Youssef she was great. As time went on her bedside manner declined drastically. She became very inconsiderate and clearly has no regard for the unreasonable amount of time she leaves her patients waiting for her. On more than one occasion she came into work late carrying shopping bags! She forces her beliefs on her patients, is cold as ice and even forgets to follow up with specialist referrals! As hard as it is to find a doctor in this city I will not settle for this kind of doctor. I would rather go to a medi-centre than to return to this doctor!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

I agree with everything everybody says on here! Always late with her appointments by 2-3 hours. She makes excuses for her tardiness and frequently blames the medical system for the way things are. Really?? I have since moved on to other doctors and the are all on time! I was late one time and did it purposely since I new she wasn't going to be ready. When I arrived late she only wanted to do a partial exam and I had to come back next week for the rest. I told her my time was just as important as hers and she has the nerve to tell me " I'm the doctor and you're the patient and I decide how things are done. If I can't deal with it then I can go somewhere else". I told her.." I think I am going to do just that! Find another doctor!" So I fired her as my Physician!! I'm so relieved I have nothing to do with her anymore! The only thing that I have benefited from her was she referred me to two specialists. They were great.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

Waited 3 hrs and the appointment lasted 45 seconds! very patronizing, interrupted me 4 times (in 45 seconds??) and did not listen. BAD doctor

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012