Ratings for Dr. Timothy Froats

Dr. Froats delivered my daughter in May 2014. He was calm, friendly and answered all of my questions. I had full-blown SEVERE preeclampsia and was in kidney failure (was not caught until I was in labour). His fast action saved our lives. Truly grateful for his visit to North Bay and for giving me the opportunity to deliver without c-section.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I live in North Bay Ontario had my daughter June 2014 Dr. Julie Francis was my i gym then she went on mat leave then Dr. Was here in North Bay. I was induced the morning of June 20 he seemed like a nice man , who knew what he was doing although when I when I was pushing with my chin in my chest I grunted a bit because of trying to push her out and he shushed me which was a bit surprising I didn't understand why? My daughter was kind of a high risk pregnancy with meds I am prescribed. It was good experience just didn't understand why he had to be kind of rude when I was in pain?

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

Who answers the phone there? So incredibly insensitive...can hardly belive it.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

I agree that Elaine is incredibly rude. I thought I was having a miscarriage and she told me that nature would have to take its course. This is after I went to the hospital where the ultra sound equipment was broken, had to wait until Monday to get an appointment for a scheduled ultrasound and wait at the emerg to have my results read and told by my GP's secretary that I should go to Smith's Falls to have it read since I was waiting for so long. I finally went to Kingston to my diabetic specialist and had an ultra sound that determined that it was a ruptured blood vessel and the baby was fine. It was a Queen's student who was soooo great. Anyway, Elaine is not efficient, polite or helpful and agreed she should retire.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

i have always been impressed with the care that Dr. Froats has given me . I have only seen him maybe twice as I am not in child bearing years for a long time and have been menopausal for years. But when my doctor sent a request for a referral ,AT first I waited a week and a half and thought my docor forgot to fax the referral. So I called and was treated so badly on the phone by elaine, why I dont know but shes not a very nice lady and should retire or find new employment.She told me because I hadnt been there since 2005 so that I couldnt get a appointment Sorry I havent made my monthly visits but if it aint broke dont fix it. Like I said my kids are in their thirtys, I dont have a period and my doctor gives me my pap tests. So what the hell, This is totally unacceptable.Her excuse was something is going on and she cant talk about it. Well Elaine if I end up with ovarian cancer or something else just as serious guess what, you refused me an appointment with my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

I had my second baby with with Dr.froats few weeks ago. I think he is very knowledgable ,calm with great attitute. I had great exprerience.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

Dr. Froats discovered my hpv on the first visit after seeing my family dr. Repeatedly for more than a year. i insisted I needed to see a gyno and was referred to dr. Froats. If it weren't for him I probably wouldn't be able to be pregnant as I am now. he was very supportive when I had a million questions for him. I felt he was a great dr. And plan to request him as my ob/gyn.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

I have had lost of experince with Dr. Froats and some have been good and some bad. I as many other have wrote had lost a baby and felt he did not hang me with care. I hemmerage and was very scared my next pregancy. He treat with care and made sure I felt save in the pregnacy. He have only delieved 1 of my babies and did a great job. I find that maybe because during the lost I was to emotional to see his point of business like I just want every thing over and done with. The wait time however is a little long but maybe that is because he is anwering question to make women fell safe and happy. Overall he knows his job and is good at it.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

Dr. Froats is very easy to talk to - he always took the time to answer all my questions and never rushed me out of the office. I had a scheduled c section and was a little nervous about it, but Dr. Froats put me at ease. Plus, he did an amazing job with the incision and I was up and back to normal in no time at all. I would highly recommend him for obstetrics and plan to go back to him for my next baby.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

He is extremely knowledgeable and should there be an emergency, I would feel very comfortable having him as my doctor. While his bedside manner may not be the best, I felt that he did what I wanted him to do - deliver a healthy baby without any complications. Would go to him again, as I know that he is very experienced in handling both regular and emergency c sections.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009