Ratings for Dr. Cory Cundal

Changed my life! His steady hands removed a dangerous piece of debris from my back keeping my nerve intact! Thank you, thank you! Can’t express my gratitude enough! Every step I take with no pain feels like a fresh start.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

Dr C, did a spinal fusion l4/l5 on my hubby in 2010. On surgery day not one nurse came out to let me know how it was going, after 5 hours I went to the cafeteria where he was eating, when I was told he was operating.I thought good, my hubby will be out, came out knocked out front tooth, and my hubby had bruising on his right side, he was dropped! No one owned up to it. U can’t go back to ur reg job, mine did now 7 discs are deteriorating now, lives in agony.. ooh use cadaver bone, don’t let him harvest from ur hips, pain is constant. While he’s kind, I did not appreciate his hiding the fact something happened,& watched my hubby 5 hours, why?

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr. Cundal and Julie changed my life. I was using a walker and/or cane before surgery, trying to raise two young children. I had severe spondylolisthesis with bilateral pars defect. Dr. Cundal was extremely confident he could help with surgery, and within six weeks, HE DID. I woke up with NO LEG PAIN and my back has contually improved. My mobility increases daily. I am only five months post-op but celebrate my new lease on life daily, as does my family. I’m even working again.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

A few years ago I slipped on ice and broke my kneecap. I was devastated, especially because I had a long medical history with this leg and my knee was already very fragile and rather deformed. I was worried that that my knee would be hard to fix, given its fairly poor condition. But the angels were watching over me on the day of my surgery, because it was Dr.Cory Cundal, who happened to be on duty that day. Just before I was about to be wheeled in the operating room, Dr.Cundal came to introduce himself and told me not to worry and that I should get my knee back just like it was before :). I am a big worrier and a rather neurotic individual, so once I was awake after surgery and able to connect to the internet on my cell, I checked Dr. Cundal's ratings on ratemds :). The feedback from his patients was so impressive that I told myself - if this doctor does wonders with people's backs, he will surely fix my knee! :) And Dr. Cundal did deliver! My surgery went smoothly, I did not have any infections, my knee was healing and recovery progressing, as expected. In a few months after my accident I returned to work and continue functioning as before. Yes, my knee is not in good shape and the fall and surgery did not make it better, but as far as Dr. Cundal's surgery is concerned, he did an amazing job. I also especially appreciate Dr.Cundal's most amazing bedside manner. He visited me at least twice after my surgery, despite his extremely busy schedule, and he was always patient and very supportive, as I came to see him during my regular post-surgery visits. Even though falling and breaking my knee was not fun, I consider this experience a very positive and reassuring one in terms of great care we have here in Calgary - thanks to you, Dr. Cundal!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

I had a work related back injury and I met Dr Cundal and he explained to me that the optin was surgery or see if disk would go back. I was leary about having surgery on my back, but I am glad I did it. Dr. Cundal came in after the surgery, to see how I was and went over some of the difficulties he had and kept me over for the night as precaution. I have been good about looking after myself and havent had had an issue since the 2002-2003 surgery.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr. Cundal - You gave me my life back!!!! I was in so much pain for 3 years with lower lumbar disc slip and a cyst in my facet joint pressing onto my nerve - causing me to be in constant agonizing pain. I seen Dr. Cundal, he explained what he could do for me and what the issues were - and he fixed it! Wonderful person, great bedside manner and a very caring, knowledgeable surgeon. I thank you so much - it has now been over a year since my surgery and I have absolutely no more sciatic pain and no more pain meds or facet injections! I can now do the things with my grandchildren that I never could while I was in so much pain. Thank you Dr. Cundal and your staff for getting me back on my feet!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Just had my knee operated on by Dr. Cundal. Very professional yet very personable.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I had a L4-5 fusion and discetomy. Very good bedside manner. Answered all my questions, took my pain away, His Assistant Julie is also awesome. Would recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Awesome experience. Doctor Cundal is a personable individual with wonderful skills and abilities. I am most appreciative of his attention. Fred

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr.Cundal is an excellent,skilled surgeon! I had a spinal fusion L4/L5 in April 2011 and Dr.Cundal explained everything prior to surgery.Excellent bedside manner always dropping in to see how I was doing.He did not make you feel ill at ease by asking any type of question.My range of motion is just about back to where it was prior to having this back problem nearly 10 years.I'm truely thankful for this amazing surgeon as I am able to travel and play with my young grandchildren.Thank you for everything Dr.Cundal and your staff is great as well.I would highly recommend this surgeon .I am an extremely happy person from Sundre!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012