Ratings for Dr. Cory Cundal

I had a L4-5 fusion and discetomy. Very good bedside manner. Answered all my questions, took my pain away, His Assistant Julie is also awesome. Would recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Dr. Cody Cundle repaired my fractured and dislocated ankle after a hockey accident. I hope he did a good job, because he does not know how to relate to people. When I asked about two conditions, all he would say is I have arthritis > over and over again. When I went to the U of C Sports Clinic, the doctor read me the surgeon's report. The two conditions I asked about I have been told have nothing to do with whether there is arthritis or not in the ankle. The explanation answered my questions and what path I should take. So a nerve was damaged while repairing my ankle. It happens. I do not want to sue this doctor, but I would love to kick his backside and tell him to smarten up and learn how to talk to people!!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Awesome experience. Doctor Cundal is a personable individual with wonderful skills and abilities. I am most appreciative of his attention. Fred

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr.Cundal is an excellent,skilled surgeon! I had a spinal fusion L4/L5 in April 2011 and Dr.Cundal explained everything prior to surgery.Excellent bedside manner always dropping in to see how I was doing.He did not make you feel ill at ease by asking any type of question.My range of motion is just about back to where it was prior to having this back problem nearly 10 years.I'm truely thankful for this amazing surgeon as I am able to travel and play with my young grandchildren.Thank you for everything Dr.Cundal and your staff is great as well.I would highly recommend this surgeon .I am an extremely happy person from Sundre!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

I love Dr. Cundal for all he has done for me. I find him so happy, bright, helpful and very intelligent and a highly skilled surgeon. I was almost bedriddden for a year and on very heavy pain medication until my spine surgery 8 months ago. I can now stand and walk straight and I take no pain medication at all anymore. It is so wonderful! I still have some stiffness in my back and he said that it might always be that way, but I feel very good. I am so thankful to have had him as my surgeon. They say it takes a year to fully heal, so I still have time to get even better. I am very gratelful, and I highly recommend Dr. Cundal!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

I was in pain for 8 years before seeing Dr Cundal and could not live without heavy painkillers, after seeing Dr Cundal for the first time i was sent for an MRI which i had within the hour and was back in his office for a consult. We did a brief history and i told him i was a smoker. He refused the surgery until i quit smoking, but he explained that unless i quit smoking the bone graft in my spine i needed would not heal, reluctantly i gave up smoking and went ahead with the surgey with the odds of 50/50 to walking again once completed. after the surgery the first thing i wanted to do was see if i could walk, not realising i was still hooked up to drips and drains i got up and walked it felt great! for the first time in 8 yrs i had no pain. I went through the 12 months of therapy doing everything asked and 6 years later i am pain free, Thank you Dr Cundal for giving me and my family my life back. Now i tell everyone i don't have a screw loose and have the xrays to prove it

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Great young cub from GP! He seems really focused on the problem. He even found that I had a bad case of foot fungus when he was examining my foot drop. Only problem is his iphone keeps ringing all the time and he keeps saying "Boo ya catchya!" His breath smells a bit like cat fooooood and prawns.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

Pleasant, good communicator. Nothing to offer me in terms of surgery but explained my condition and provided advice.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

i don't really know what to say about this surgeon. I first saw him in july 09. about a 2page MRI report about my spine. He didn't care about the report he wanted to see the disc. He told me that all I needed was one disc to be repaired. L4/5 microdiscectomy and a laminectomy. So he booked me for september 22, 2009. While I was waiting to get into the surgery room the only one that was late was Dr. Cundal, he was late to operate on me so I had to wait in the hallway. this was the first problem. then he couldn't get my MRI Disc to work so he had to go into the hallway to get the info on where to make the incision. Now I am 4 months post op and the disc he removed is now protruded again in the same spot with only 30% remaining. I have had 3 MRI's done this year, and he assured me that the Disc would move in. Now 3 months after my MRI Its worse then before. Now he says he needs to do a fusion but won't book until I quit smoking???? didnt even care about the pain in my leg?

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

I had back surgery for the 1st time January 9, 2007 by a now retired surgeon. I was sent back to work without rehab on my back and rehab to get me off the pain medication that I was on for 4 years. While at work I had a mishap and re-injured my back. I met Dr. Cundal in the fall of 2009 and he re-assured me that he could fix my back and help me become pain free again, without all of the heavy duty pills..........what a concept that is going to be. Dr. Cundal also assured me that he is running the show and not my insurance company that once again wants me back at work A.S.A.P. after surgery. Dr. Cundal I am so looking forward to my surgery in March 2010 and becoming the person I used to be. All the best to you Dr. Cundal and Christine for 2010.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009