Ratings for Dr. John N. Fyda

I took my 3 year old daughter in because of constipation. Dr Fyda seems gruff when you first meet him. But he turned out to be a very nice and caring doctor. We literally were taken when we walked in. He was very thorough and explained things so they were say to understand. My daughter loved him. She usually hates doctors. I would recommend him to other parents in the area.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I have take my daughter to dr fyda since she was 3, she is 19 and has had a liver transplant since.. We both think very highly of dr fyda.. The negative comments make me sad because he has always been there for us and been nothing but polite!!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I would never recommend Dr. Fyda. He is the most arrogant, uncaring Dr I have ever come across. He absolutely does NOT listen to the patient (or parent). My daughter has been constipated since birth & in the 2 years she saw him for, he never ran even 1 test. He will not take you seriously & thinks he's seen it all. No bedside manners whatsoever! Take your child to someone else!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

I started going to dr John fyda when I was 5. My mom took me to numerous doctors before him, Boone could ever figure out what was wrong until dr fyda. He diagnosed me with Crohn's disease. I am now 21 And I am devastated to not have him as my doctor anymore! He is amazing and has always made me laugh and feel comfortable. When I was in the hospital for a flare up he was there every day to check on me. Definitely a dedicated doctor that I have referred an will keep referring!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

In 3 years this DR. saw my son twice. No follow was done until I finally was able to get another appt. 3 years later, yet they kept refilling meds for my 3 year old son! Last time we were in he did not listen well and did not let me finish answering his questions, kept interrupting me. I think he made an inaccurate conclusion about my son's health, therefore, we will be seeing a different dr.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

I went to him in 05 or 06...I was 16 or 17 at the time. I was extremely ill at the time and in a very vulnerable place. He was the most obnoxious, inconsiderate, unprofessional doctors I've had the misfortune of seeing...and I've seen a lot! I can't believe he's responsible for caring for children and teenagers. He refused to do anything more than blood tests for me and assumed I was making everything up. He recommended I "see a psychologist". EXCUSE ME? I agree with the others. Stay away. He doesn't listen to or take seriously your symptoms.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011

Unbelievably arrogant, condescending physician. Made several assessments of my son's health after 10 minute appt. that were completely inaccurate. Had no prior medical history to review , nor did he ask or allow me to describe current health issues. My son felt bullied by the end of the appt. This physician asked "leading" questions during the brief appt., attempting to arrive at his predetermined diagnosis. I would never recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

I would not send my worst enemy to this doctor! He is arrogant, and full of himself. They are trying to get him out of the hospital.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

Dr. John N. Fyda's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1979)

Oxford