Ratings for Dr. Charles L. Colip

Unfortunately my father is no longer around to rate this Dr. himself. Dr. Colip did not listen to my father's concerns that he may have had cancer. Instead, Dr. Colip only relied on his false positive test that my father had hepatitis. My father (on my recommendation due to a young friend of mine having the same false positive test and instead had pancreatic cancer) kept asking Dr. Colip for a cancer test. Dr. Colip said that he could not warrant referring my father for the test as he insisted that my dad had hepatitis and that he would recover over time. After some months, my dad lost a lot of weight and became jaundiced. Dr. Colip then did and endoscopy and that caused my dad's bile duct to burst. Then they did emergency surgery and found a tumor on the pancreas to big to remove. When I asked one of the surgeons if it may have been operable in previous months had Dr. Colip administered cancer testing. He stated "off the record," that he "thought yes." Save yourself, don't use him.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

I feel that he is very knowledgeable in his field. However, I feel he lacks the people skills needed for the many questions that arise concerning gut problems. One example of this is after my colonoscopy (at age 25)he came up to my wife and I simply said "you have colitis" then he turned heel and walked away. There was no instructions, no explanation of what colitis was, nothing. Since then I have seen him two times and each time it is in-and-out, as if he I were a bother to have in the office. Most of the information I know have on colitis has come from the internet. With that I am beginning my search for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

I saw this doc for an intestinal problem and he was concerned, compassionate and very understanding of my situation. I couldn't have been more impressed. I have a Colonoscopy schedule within the next couple of weeks and will rate him again after this procedure is successfully completed.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Dr. Charles L. Colip's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)