Ratings for Dr. Gregory F. Winters

Dr. Winters watched the inauguration DURING my colonoscopy and piped the sound through the sound system overhead, while wearing jeans, sneakers and a “TRUMP! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!” t-shirt. I ask him to “please turn that off,” to which he gleefully replied, “you’ll be out soon anyway.” Whatever happened to surgeons wearing scrubs? Are street clothes considered hygienic attire in a surgery center? Should I really need to worry if Dr. Winters was thorough in his evaluation when he was simultaneously watching and listening to the inauguration? As a patient, should I really be put in the position of having to ask my surgeon to please turn off the visual and audio of the inauguration while he is performing my colonoscopy? And, should he have dismissed my request in such an offhanded manner? Was I really asking too much? Dr. Winters is a fool with absolutely no bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

I went to the medford surgery center for a colonoscopy. After my procedure I was in severe pain and bleeding profusely. Dr. Winters and his staff told me "deal with it". I will never use this office or doctor ever again. I was treated like because I am a veteran that I'm a lower class citizen. This doctor and staff who will treat you like your worthless and not there problem then kick you out the door.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2014

I went in to see Winters and told him I was getting light headed and dizzy and I was passing blood he told me I wasn't eating enough. After repeatedly calling him saying I am getting worse his assistant said he said to go to er. Went in to er and found out my h&h were 5 and 17. Had to get 4 blood transfusions. I could have died all because he wouldn't listen to me. I strongly suggest no one go to him for anything. I will not explain anything and will not listen to what you have to say. I would rather not see a dr. if he is the only one I can get. I hope that I have prevented him from doing this to anyone else. Good luck.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Terrible bedside manner, fails to discuss procedure in detail with patient and results, promises to get back with patient via test results and doesn't, states to patient and family member that culture/stains were taken and results would be called in to patient. Waited 15 work days and no calls, after repeated messages left with his assistant and office staff, found out he didn't or forgot to take cultures. Seems in a rush to move on to another patient like it's assembly line medicine. I don't recommend him at all. There are better doctors in his practice group.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Dr. Gregory F. Winters's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)