Ratings for Dr. Christopher Bozek

Met dr Bozek as a result of ms diagnosis. Found him compassionate and knowledgeable. Good person; caring doctor.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Saw him for my EMG testing and diagnosis, he then gave me my positive test results to my Incurable nerve disease, and then sent me on my way... did not offer any help or guidance. Terrible bed side manner and patient care.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

I am really happy with Dr. Bozek. I had an overactive thyroid , but had no idea , i went to maybe 3 or 4 doctors to find out what was wrong with me. Not 1 of them said is anything . UNTIL i went to Dr.Bozek , right away he told me my thyroid had to be checked. HE WAS RIGHT . I am still thankful to him and his care. I will always recommend him to anybody . He knows his stuff and i trust him .

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I have to say this doctor was the only one who found out wat was wrong with me. I have had many doctors who had no idea , but with this doctor it only took 5 minutes and he knew. He knows his stuff and he is really nice. If I could give him 10 stars I would .

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

When I initially went to see Dr. Bozek, he was very informative and listened to my concerns. By my 3rd visit when I posed some concern about my long term care his response was no longer friendly. He snapped at me and suggested I, see another neurologist closer to my home. Taken back by his comment I stayed with his care. This was a huge mistake. His care after this continued with him instructing me to ignore symptoms and resolving them with odd responses. I no longer see or would suggest his care.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

I was supposed to get a referral to another Neurologist closer to home. Dr. Bozek told me in the hospital that he'll do it first thing Monday morning, yet nothing was done. I called Tuesday and he wasn't in and the receptionist knew nothing. I called again on Thursday and she said she's doing everything as we speak. The following Monday I called the other Neurologist's office and they still haven't received anything. I called Dr.Bozek's office back yet no one was picking up the phone. I still have yet to hear anything from either office.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

He is the best neurologist ever!!! I was diagnosed with a rare muscle disorder 2007 and I am glad I stuck with him. He listens to my concerns and respects my opinions about my illness and treatments. He is very knowledgeable of what he does and he never fails to communicate with me about what he thinks and his treatment plans for me. He made me walk again. He is very caring, compassionate and passionate about what he does. My current treatment is quite expensive and it's the only thing that works for me. He fights with everyone just so I can stay on it. I am moving to Victoria and sad to say that I have to leave him. I wish I could stay with him though. He is a very busy neurologist that's why I rated him 4 on punctuality but he doesn't mind seeing me every time I do my treatment even without an appointment. I really love him!!! :)

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

He was on call when I arrived in the Burnaby Emergency room after a Motor Vehicle Accident. He refused to come in.He was out at UBC.I saw another neurologist.I finally was referred to him for another problem.Without my permission he wrote a medical legal report for which I am sure he was paid a great deal of cash as it came from an ICBC lawye, the report was a pack of lies. I guess in his case money is a prime motivation.I am a physician and would never see this QUACK again

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

I suffered 2 concussions and have had on going headaches. I had previously seen 2-3 other doctors who had no idea how to treat it or give me guidelines when I should return to school or sports. Dr. Bozek was a breath of fresh air, he extremely kind and knew all about the issues of concussions and the symptoms which none of the other doctors seemed to know about. He did all the proper testing and seemed to care. He was kind enough to tell me I could call him or email him if I had any questions until our next appointment. I was really impressed with this Doctor and highly recommend him especially if you have a concussion because he is one of the few in the city that has a vast knowledge about them.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

A very close relative was a patient with a severe illness during which time they received poor care from this physician. A CT scan was advised as being normal which turned out to be incorrect a few months later when reviewed by another physician (who viewed the original scan and performed another). Also, a brian fluid extraction was not tested as thoroughly as it should have been. It is painful to share what mis-diagnosis can do to someone but it is a serious matter indeed. So based on this case there should be some caution for everyone.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010