Ratings for Dr. David J. Breding

Dr. Breding has been my Doctor for years and I am very grateful for his knowledge and care.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

New help at least every 6 months. Can not retain staff. He is all about prescribing the newest and latest medication and continually is changing your meds, like he is getting a kick back from the pharmacy companies. Office doesn't return phone calls in a timely manner or at all. Doesn't seem to manage Diabetes very well. Overall all I would suggest going to a different physician!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I have been a patient for a long time and have always received great care. His staff is usually very good. The office has always been quick to process referrals to call with test results, except at my last visit. I didn't hear back with my test results the day after I had them done. I know they are in the middle of remodeling the office and thought that may have had something to do with it. I called and his nurse couldn't answer my questions. I asked to speak with the office manager and she apparantly was out on medical leave for a few weeks. I remembered he gave me his cell phone number on me second visit and told me to call him directly if I ever had an urgent problem or an issue with his staff. I decided to use it and he answered on the first ring. He knew me and my test results. He said he had reveiwed them and gave them to the nurse to call me. There was only one minor abnormal lab value and he recommended we repeat the test in a few weeks. When I stopped back by the office to repeat the test he was working with a new nurse. I have come to learn he really does try to give good care and expects his staff to do the same. I think it's cool to have a doc that knows me and really cares about providing great care.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

First off, I tried to submit this on his web page but it is no longer active. I like Dr Breding, he has been helpful over the years but I am extremely frustrated that when I have been sent for exrays or test outside of his facility he never calls me to discuss, his office girl does with usually an answer of, "Everything is fine". If everything is fine, why would I have gone in in the first place On numerous occasions I have needed to find another source to address my medical needs and he never takes it any further than ,"Everything's Okay". More frustrating is the difficulty in getting prescriptions filled. On numerous occasions I have had to call the office because they do not respond to my pharmacies request. I have been told by the office that they check the fax machine once every three weeks and the best thing to do is call. Why in today's world do I need to call when this communication can be done between my pharmacy and my doctors office. So I decided to follow their procedure and it doesn't provide for any quicker, efficient service and certainly lacks customer service. I have been waiting for a week and a half with numerous calls to the office for a prescription to be rectified as my insurance needs clarification from Dr. Breding. I called Tuesday, November 17 and was told that they have never received the request then very rudely yelled at and told by the girl (Nicki ?) that answered the phone that she is alone in the office and sick so she doesn't know anything about my refill. she said she was sitting by the fax machine and to have the pharmacy fax again. I had them fax again. I called the following day and spoke to someone else and was told that they have the request but are too busy. I called today (spoke to someone else) who said she wasn't there yesterday or Nikki wasn't there (not clear) and was informed that they are busy and will try to speak with Dr Breding to look at it. All communication has been rude, feel like they couldn't get off the phone quick enough. Feeling frustrated and disappointed that I immediately called back and informed her that I do like the way I have been spoken to this week, I shared the earlier conversations, she wasn't much nicer so I informed her I don't care if they are alone or sick. 99.9% of their customers are sick as they are a doctors office and we are patients of this facility and I expect some kindness and response. I informed her that they are preventing me from getting my medication and I currently do not have any and haven't for over a week. This is not the first time, several months ago I had the same problem and was told by the young lady on the phone that today is her last day on the job because she is tired of customers yelling at her. Again, I don't care, your personal business is non of my business. I am a patient, I expect kindness, customer service, compassion and follow through from a doctors office. Are you not in the business to help people? Maybe if you didn't change employees every other day customer service and compassion would improve. Sadly, I am now looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. Breding's office looks like someone went to IKEA and blew a hundred dollars on it. It's just a little unsettling to see a doctor's office with furniture you'd expect to see in a college dorm room. His receptionists and nurse (not sure if she's really a nurse, I'll get to that in a minute) are young and attractive. Nothing wrong with being attractive, it's just a little creepy to see your doctors office manned by nothing but hot babes. I waited almost an hour past my appointment time - in the exam room the "nurse", asked me questions and slowly typed my answers into a computer. Again, very young, and didn't seem to really know what she was doing. When I finally saw the man himself, I told him I had a list of issues - none that seemed urgent, so he said we'd start with blood tests to see if there were any red flags. A sore throat was one of the issues, so he said he'd test for strep. Went downstairs to IMHC's lab, (they were awesome), and they took blood and tested for strep. They said if i had strep, Breding's office would contact me asap. I went home, didn't hear anything. Okay, no strep. About ten days later, one of the girls from Breding's office called, and said "um... we have your tests.. and the dr says everything is okay". huh? I said "which test...? The strep or the blood tests?" She said " ummmmmmm" and I heard her rustling paper around and she said "I think this is the strep"... Okay. good to know, 10 days later. I asked about the blood tests - she said "ummmm I'll have to call you back on that". So, 2 days later, she calls and says "the doctor says those tests were good". Really? that's all you got? they were "good". Yeah. Disappointing. Will not go back, and hey, at least all those years of med school paid off for him- he has a cool dorm room with hot babes all around him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

When I was sick and wasn't getting better with the treatments from other doctors a friend referred me to him because he has a reputation for being very knowledgeable and one of the best doctors in our city. After I met him I was pleasantly surprised that he was also very likable. I haven't always liked his secretaries. Some were too gabby and others weren't very efficient. I really like the staff that is working there now. Everyone has their nose to the grindstone and is very professional. I am writing this as a note of appreciation because last week I got sick and was up most of the night. I called the doctor at 6 AM and he answered right away. He told me to come to the clinic a half hour before they opened. He took care of me and now that I am better I realize that he saved me an expensive trip to the ER, plus he treated me with samples he had in the office so I didn't even have to buy a prescription. I really admire him and think he is a first class person and an exceptional physician.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I have been going to see him for several years. He has been good at keeping me current with my general health care and has always been quick to respond when I needed care emergently. He has a phenomenal wealth of medical knowledge and a special ability to make me feel relaxed about discussing personal issues that I can't talk to anyone else about. To me, these are the qualities that make him a great doctor and health care professional.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

I have been going t o him for about 2 years. The first and last visits I was very ill. The other visits were routine. When I was sick the office was good about getting me in right away. Labs and scans were set up at the visit and I was called immediately with the results. The treatment was perfect and I felt much better within 2 days. I like him for a lot of reasons. He is efficient, thorough and friendly without being phony. I'm 100% satisfied.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Breding has been my doctor for several years. I have found him to be knowlegdeble and a good listener. I recently had a problem and called requesting he call me in a prescription. His receptionist told me he would prefer if I came in because he did not like to diagnose problems over the phone. I reluctantly came in and he immediately admitted me to the hospital. My rash turned out to be a life threatening bone marrow problem which he quickly diagnosed and then proceeded to fix over the next 10 days. What can I say. He saved my life by squeezing me into his busy schedule. I like him even more now.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

I have developed a lot of confidence in him. He always seems to be able to figure out what is wrong with me.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

Dr. David J. Breding's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)