Ratings for Dr. Karen Woods

More focused on revenue and over treatment since she moved over to the clinic and stopped practicing herself. Service has gone done hill, her PA deals with most of the patients now. Very sad to see things go downhill once she joined with a big practice... All about the $$$ now

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

awesome doctor. Prior negative reviews must be from people who saw a different doctor than my family and I see. We have referred many friends and relatives to her and everyone has been very satisfied.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I have been using Dr. Woods for years and have always had a positive experience. She listens to my concerns and provides options for treatment. She guides me to the best solution for me.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

Excellent bedside manner and great doctor. She is a doctor's doctor. All my MDs refer to her

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Woods for five years. I have found her office to be helpful. Dr. Woods is top notch!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I have never taken the time to rate a doctor online, because I am not one to choose a doctor based on online ratings. However, my experience with Dr. Woods was bad enough that it merited an online review. Her treatment of my disease bordered on neglectful. Her nurse, who was in charge of treating me over the phone due to the fact that I could not get an appointment to see Dr Woods in person for over a month even though I was a current (not new) patient of hers suffering from debilitating symptoms, failed to call me back when I left a message asking for help getting the right medication for my symptoms. When the nurse did finally talk to me, after two phone calls from me begging for a response, she seemed rushed, distracted, and unconcerned about my case. She did not remember my previous calls. Dr. Woods' bedside manner also left much to be desired. I am sure she has a great deal of expertise and knowledge, but the way she runs her practice is lacking in the fundamentals of patient care. I experienced her and her staff to be overwhelmed/distracted and impersonal. Needless to say, after a month of agony unable to leave my house due to untreated symptoms from UC, and absolutely no help from Dr Woods or her staff, I happily found a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Best doctor I have seen. Very good listener and spent time trying to sort through my complex history. I would highly recommend her

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Does not take her time, does not care for the patient. Wants to do only absolute minimum, cannot recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I have seen Dr. Woods about the same problem several times. Each time she is unable to diagnose my problem. Her office staff is rude and disrespectful. They are not helpful. They "cut you off" when you explain symptons. They are not understanding or sympathetic human issues. I am not satisfied with my experience. I will not return.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr. Woods is an excellent and caring physician. I was so nervous about my problem and having a procedure. She was patient with me, spent time reviewing all my concerns and past medical issues. I was very happy with my care and have sent many of my friends to her who have likewise been very happy. It is no wonder she is consistantly listed as a Best Doctor in Houston. She deserves it!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2011

Dr. Karen Woods's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Kansas City, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Chinese Community Health Plan