Ratings for Dr. N. Shapera

Dr. Shapera is an idiot who has no knowledge of current orthodontic techniques. He thinks it's a good idea to correct a type II class malocclusion with retractive headgear. This face butcher has made my life very difficult as I can't properly nasal breath since my maxilla is so recessed. Do not waste your time and money and the pain goign to this quack.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Shapera over twenty years ago for what was extensive orthodontic treatment. The treatment I received from Dr. Shapera and his staff at that time was nothing short of "exemplary. When my son needed to have his bite corrected, we took him to Dr. Shapera and again, we were given the same professional and personable treatment. I recently had an emergency and was too far away to get to Dr. Shapera's office so I reluctantly had to find another Orthodontist. The job was done for a hefty price and the service could have been so much better. I left the office thinking Dr. Shapera and his staff are nothing less than "superb!" - Gillian

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

My name is Joseph M. I'm 61 years old and came to Neil Shapera to solve a unique problem created improper use of a snore guard. The snore guard modified my lower bite and my front teeth were clicking, my jaw was aching, and worst of all, I developed a slur in my speech. Dr Shapera came highly recommended by my dentist, and I was praying that I could be treated or least, treated enough to not need surgery. After careful planning and twelve months of treatment, lower and upper jaws are aligned perfectly, I enjoy eating meals again, and as a side benefit, I've come out with great looking teeth! I love the staff, they are fun and keep you feeling pampered and in the best of care and friendliness. Would I recommend Neil Shapera? ABSOLUTELY!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Cranky old guy who calls out your child, in front of everyone else in ear range, to embarrass them into doing what he wants. Socializing with his staff about what he did or is going to do (in his private life) all the time. Needs to take his "I am better than you are" attitude down a notch or two.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Poor care and compassion, reluctant to listen to clients issues. Poor communication skills have lead to years of complications. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

First off, Dr. Neil Shapera does not over charge; in fact he's about $1,800 less than others performing the same service. As for the idiot who wrote about wasting two years of his life in pain; YOU were the idiot for not speaking up. Why berate the good doctor when it's your own fault for not doing something when you had the chance? Also, your story can not be believed, and you sound like a nasty person who goes around criticizing others for no apparent reason. My kids are currently being treated by the great Dr. Shapera and I have recommended him on my facebook account because he's EPIC, he's the Tops in Toronto, and I will continue to recommend him to the entire City of Toronto!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

This office is so pleasant that I would volunteer to be the official greeter, and work for nothing. At the age of 73 I am having work done on my teeth that should have been done when I was a child, but never was. Dr Shapera and his staff are a sheer delight, and I would recommend this office to anyone requiring orthodontic work...young or old.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

fabulous doctor, always kind and senitive to my childs needs. Price was solid and always there to asnwer questions

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr. Neil Shapera ORTHODONTIST will over charging patiants by ask you visit him and makes the period longer.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

I have received exceptional service from Dr. Shapera and his staff. They are warm, caring, and highly professional. What they do is not only applying high level techniques (of course they're very knowlegable and skillful),but they touch my heart strings of emotions and give me hope for the confident smile that I dream of… Dr. Shapera is simply the best!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009