Ratings for Dr. E. Salmon

Dr. Salmon is an excellent Dr. who is very caring and is very knowledge. Some Drs. should take a few lessons from him as far as bedside manner .......he is a very caring Dr. and he certainly explains everything to you. I feel very lucky to have him for my Dr.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Dr Salmon is an excellent diagnostician. There should be more doctors with his talent. I wish he could pass on his wisdom and listening skills. He has operated on me on more than one occasion with excellent results each time. As patients we would be well served with more doctors like Dr Salmon.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

excellent care of my mother for years saved her life 2x with early diagnosis of cancer

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Very knowledgeable, down to earth type of man with an interest in helping

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Salmon is extremely pleasant, and extremely comforting. I appreciate the time he has taken to explain procedures, processes, and pathology to me, and the patience he has to ensure that I understand exactly what I'm going through and exactly what to expect. He has not performed surgery on me, but he was the one to refer me to a surgeon and also meet with me post-op to review my case. While the surgeon did not have the same level of patience to explain things to me, Dr. Salmon was the one that I could go to to have my questions answered and my concerns addressed. Yes, the wait time is very long (I always prepare for at least an hour's wait), but by the time I am finished meeting with him I know it was well worth it. Some doctors make you feel rushed and as though you are bothering them with your questions, but he acts as though you are the only patient he has for the day and that extra care is very appreciated. His medical secretary Heather is the prototype of how a receptionist in a doctor's office should be. She is consistently friendly, funny, comforting, and very very kind. You can tell they have made a great team for years! It was unfortunate circumstances that brought me to Dr. Salmon, but I feel as though I couldn't have been placed in better hands. Excellent care!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

I had a fistula that had developed after colon cancer surgery. Dr. Salmon had NOT been the surgeon, but he was responsible for the care. He suggested a non surgical approach to heal the fistula by feeding protein, vitamins and minerals intravenous and this was successful. I am so thankful that he had the right idea to deal with this. Now I see him for my annual colonoscopy and he has so far been very efficient. I don't understand the negativism of same of the raters.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

Dr. Salmon literally saved my life 16 years ago when I had a polyp wrapped around my jugular vein. I can't even imagine what kind of skill! He explains everything and takes the time to do so. Have I waited a long time some times to see him, yes I did but all that time I was eternally grateful to him that I still had the option of waiting....regular checkups have confirmed I am free and clear. I feel so fortunate to be in his care. And Heather is WONDERFUL. I read some of the negative comments and can't help but wonder if you maybe have the wrong Dr. Salmon....he has operated/performed procedures on me about 15 times and I have never been misdiagnosed nor had an infection. He looks after my father too and he is 89, that should tell you something!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

You ought to know that the nurses who deal with him call him Dr. Salmonella ! He has terrible cleanliness and antiseptic surgical practices and a lot of his patients end up with post-op infections. You may be one of them and if so, don't accept that this is a normal or acceptable outcome.

Submitted January 15, 2010

Dr. Salmon is one of the finest doctors I have seen. Easy to talk to and very knowledgeable. We are lucky to have him in Durham.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009

Where do I start with Dr. Salmon, well first of all it has been a pleasure having Dr. Salmon as my Doctor he always take the time to answer any questions regarding my treatment. I've never felt rushed. He's a very knowledgeable Dr. Doctor, I have a lot of respect for him. The waiting time for appointment is long but worth the wait ( so bring a good book and a tea/coffee)and just relax. His receptionist is the best as well.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009