Ratings for Dr. Edgar G. Handal

Very unprofessional, told my wife he couldnt do my knee surgery cause he was having issues with his wife. Prior to that be didnt show up to the hospital for my surgery he claims he was sick no call no show. It was beyond anything I have ever heard of.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2019

Excellent doctor. Caring, discusses options rather than suggest surgery.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

Excellent physician Caring, listens and shows compassion for his patients.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

I know Dr. Handal and his staff, and have referred many people to him. He performed Knee replacement for my mother on both of her knees. She was in such bad shape, it was hard to even imagine she was able to walk. She had gone to many doctors before him, and they wouldn't even consider taking on her case. If you have the option to have Dr. Handal as your surgeon, you will be in very capable hands. He is a truly skilled physician and knows his stuff. My mother only had great things to say about his care and concern for her. Although, many saw no hope for my mom, he performed miracles and gave her a pain-free existence and quality of life she hadn't had for many years. Dr. Handal is old school and prides himself on his workmanship, he goes strictly by word of mouth reputation, and if you are fortunate to have him as your Surgeon, consider yourself in safe hands.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr Handal is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon . He is the most knowledgeable md i have interviewed before having my two hips done. I was a tennis pro and 8 mos after surgery i am playing better than ever. I can't believe how great i feel. He is the most intelligent and compassionate md i have seen. He is the ortho that doctors and their families use.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

He only took exrays the 3 times I told him something wiggled the 11th day after the 1st operation and said I could tie my shoes, this was the 1st time my hip came out. The 2nd time was in his office RIGHT after he told me it should never happen again. Reported that I had been doing deep knee bends! I never did those on a good day in my life!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

From what I heard before meeting him, he is the only guy doing Direct Anterior Hip Replacement in South Florida. I had an appointment to see him and that day there were at least five patient that he did in the last week. All of them were walking without any support and most of all no pain!! Needless to say I booked surgery of my right hip that day and I have come through amazingly taking Tylenol for only a few days post-op!! I reccommend him and his wonderful staff as the only person I would let operate on me.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2010

Dr. Handal has done a absolutely terrific job. I had my hip re-replaced and he completed the job and I have been pain free since. Terrific doctor that is highly recommended!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

I haven't had the procedure yet. Left knee total replacement. He seems very knowledgeable, and he explained the work to be done in depth. His office staff is good I'll update 12/31/2007.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007

Dr. Edgar G. Handal's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1987)

UnitedHealthcare