Ratings for Dr. Jeffry B. Potash

This man is awesome!! He has given me my life back really. I no longer have the pain and can sleep thru the night. Without waking up to constant acid reflux. Plus, this man saved my uncles life.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

This Dude Dr. Is the BEST!!.....Dr Potash went well beyond that was needed for me, and for that I'm more than thankful to have him as a Dr and I think maybe even as a friend!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I give this man three stars for knowledge because we didn't get far enough for me to determine his knowledge. I see one person said something about "if you're thin-skinned" - well, let me tell you, I am not thin skinned. HE walked in with an attitude and I gave it right back to him. He didn't introduce himself. He mispronounced my name twice, the second time after I corrected him. He went way off topic, asking me questions about mind and body. He asked me why I was there to see him. He asked me why I wanted my hiatal hernia repaired. He seemed to understand nothing I said to him, but always had some retort which served no purpose. He was, in short, a total jackass. As for some snooty RN claiming he's great and SHE should know... well, honey, I've been in and out of hospitals since I was born and seen countless doctors in over five decades - all across the USA. This man is to be avoided if you want someone who is a real human being to take care of you.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

If you could only have just one doctor in your life, Dr. Potash is the one! Simply put, he saved my life. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

I have been seeing Dr P for over 10 years, as my family has a strong history of colon cancer. Let me list just a few of the things I like about him. He is very knowlegable and explains things in a way that I understand. I like that he returns phone calls himself. He doesn't have his staff make his calls. It is not abnormal to call his office and have him pick up the phone. He is very timely with follow up. He sees and treats you as a whole person. (Not all specialist do this, sadly.) I love his dry humor and quirky personality. He is one of the most caring, sensitive drs I have ever had. I am glad he is on my health team!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

I had high hopes for my appointment with this doctor to discuss gut pain and bowel issues. I know he is very smart. But his manner made me uncomfortable. Another friend, who is also a patient, beleives he may have a touch of Aspberger's or perhaps is socially challenged. This seems like a real possibility. I do not wish to harm the reputation of a fine doctor, as I beleive Dr. Potash to be. But his manner -- a bit supercilious sometimes, and then other times a bit jokey -- was disconcerting and unsettling. Let me add that he did my colonoscopy two years ago -- and also my wife's --- and that experience was great. No pain, no complications. I did feel he was very knowledgable and skilled. He just needs to work on expressing more compassion.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Potash is one of the best, if not the best doctor I have ever had (and I've seen a lot of doctors!)! He has gone above and beyond to help me deal with my colitis. He is caring, confident, and extremely capable. If I had to choose one doctor to have at my side, Dr. Potash would be the one! After reading the negative reviews, I believe anyone having an issue with Dr. Potash most likely has an issue with everyone! Bottom line: If you want the best health care possible, see Dr. Potash now!!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

I am Shocked by the negative comments I'm seeing about Dr. Potash. As an R.N. I've had many dealings with M.D.'s personally and professionally. In my experience I have never met a finer man or a more qualified ,knowledgeable doctor then Dr. Potash. My personal health required many procedures.I have never had anything but the finest and kindest of care. When necessary, he referred me to the absolute best in his field, & remained closely involved with my progress.His follow up is unsurpassed. His dry sense of humor may leave some in the dust. They are losing out on a great doctor UserName: minkytoo Password: URL: Notes: other doctors are home relaxing. He is a straight shooter and tells it like it is, even if that's not what you want to hear, but always with kindness and words that you can understand. Quite simply, he saved my life and my sanity. I never hesitate to call him when I have a question, and he always gets back to me. He is also funny. If you're thin-skinned, you're losing a great doctor

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I'v had a colonoscopy with him and it was fine, very routine and thorough. But where Dr. Potash really came through for me was when I had a prolonged bout of diarrhea. A GP tested me for several causes with no result. When I called Dr. P's office he got me in that same day and tested me for and put a rush on the results for what he suspected was the cause: C-Diff, a life-threatening disease. He called every day to make sure I was getting better and would put me in the hospital if I didn't improve. But I recovered quickly once properly diagnosed. Thanks Dr. Potash!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2014

Dr Potash and staff were great I found Dr Potash to be very personable, knowledgeable and witty.I beieve him to be the best in the area. I asked the nurses at BMH and they agreed......if you want to know about a doc just ask the nurses. I 'm a nurse and know this to be true.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Dr. Jeffry B. Potash's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal