Ratings for Dr. Hazel Fegler

I'm not sure how to say this this, because it's still very recent and am mourning the death of this wonderful friend and exceptional physician. Dr Fegler passed away June 1st, 2010. She was still practising her profession after 52 YEARS!!! Rest in peace dear friend you have certainly earned it. May our maker cradle you in his love as you have done for so many others here. God bless you!!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2010

I do not find Dr. Fegler to be a very attentive physician...however for just popping in to get a refill on a med, she's great! She will give me up to six refills on a medication so I do not have to come back repeatedly to the office. But when I've had new issues arise, she has not been very helpful. As someone else said, she quickly handed me some drugs, said "try that" and closed the discussion.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

She is a wonderful doctor.She listens and advises. She has years and years of experience to base her diagnosis on and I would say she's always spot on. I will be very sad when she retires.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Incredibly rude!! Horrible bedside manner. I didn’t even get a chance to explain my symptoms and she was handing me boxes of pills to “see if that would work”. I have been back in to see her for the same problem 4 months in a row. Finally she sent me for testing & a recommend to a Gynaecologist! I am so glad to be recommended to someone else. I don’t think I will be back to see her.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

This physician has been extremely helpful to me in a number of situations, even being available over the phone when I was in a difficult spot -she ordered a prescription I needed over the phone to the city I was in. Most times I am able to get in to see her within a couple of days and most times she's available within 10 minutes or less of the appointment time, but a few times she's been running very behind and it's because she's had a complicated patient. If she can't see you her partner will, he's also very good. She gives me something very old fashioned - her time. She's very caring and concerned and has a good sense of humour. She's sharp, she knows when to refer and she follows up, doesn't forget your referrals. She's the best family doctor I've had in a long time. I hope she doesn't retire out for awhile yet. I always feel better after I leave her office. She's a treasure and a credit to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

Laughed at me when I suggested I might want to have a midwife attend my birth, saying "why would you want to do a stupid thing like that?!" Then incorrectly diagnosed me with a misshapen uterus which the ob/gyn she referred me to believed, even though it never showed on ultrasound. That led to an unnecessarily induced labor, which I still don't see has anything to do with the shape of my uterus. She also yelled at my husband when he went in for a throat infection that she doesn't see men, only women and children. (He didn't know!)

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Ditto the poster who said: "You may have to wait a little longer to see her but you get every minute back! Spends time with you and listens.Really cares about her patients.Extremely Knowlegeable and thorough." Her staff have always been pleasent and helpful with me as well.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2008

she has missed some diagnoses for my back that are now uncorrectable. had she noticed the problem when they first occured, then it could be fixed. now my spine will be permanently curved into a huntch, because she did not recommend or even seem to notice there was a problem, even with my x-ray reports in hand.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2008

While I no longer go to Dr. Fegler, I wanted to comment on the staff at this clinic - probably among the worst I have ever encountered. Like another scenario outlined here, my chart didn't make it into the file. I also waited 1.5 hours before asking when it would be my turn. Another trip to the back to retrieve my file. No apologies, nothing. Also, if you are unfortunate enough to be put on hold when you telephone, you might as well give up. It could be ten minutes before they get around to you. The front end staff set the tone for the office and it is not a favorable one.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

I went to her after Dr. Gunn retired and the medication he gave me, she said was no good and I shouldn't take it. Everything he did for us for over 30 years that kept us all healthy she disagreed with, so never went back to her, she was of no help and very rude.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008