Ratings for Dr. Gary L. Gerstner

Dr. Gerstner performed a colonoscopy on me without sedation or analgesia. I was screaming in pain, asking for medication or for him to just take out the scope but he wouldn't do either. The nurse assisting him didn't say a word to comfort me or to question his behavior. I felt violated and humiliated and am in complete shock as to why he would treat me this way. I have reported this to the hospital and to the state.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

dr. gerstner is very informative, takes time with you and has a good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2011

poor listener then orders inappropriate tests per symptoms. ie ordered 2nd EGD when I had large intestine problems.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2009

My experiences with Dr. Gerstner have been wonderful - I would highly recommend him to anyone. He's done three procedures for me now, and he's been great all three times. Recently, I've had some ongoing issues that my general practitioner wanted me to ask him about, so I asked the nurse if I could talk to him before my procedure began (before I was sedated, so I'd remember what he said). He not only took the time to do this, but he also came in to talk to my husband and I after the procedure was completed - which was great, because then my husband was able to hear what was said, too. I also have to say that I've found Dr. Gerstner to be very knowledgeable - other doctors were a little stumped as to my symptoms (7 months after having my gallbladder removed, I was continuing to have pain after eating dairy or fat), but he diagnosed me right away (duodenal spasms), and prescribed an anti-spasmodic medication that has really helped my problem. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

He genuinely cares and listens. I have been to him for years and had several procedures done. His skill is excellent and was able to resolve my problems which are ongoing but manageable.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Dr. Gary L. Gerstner's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1972)