Ratings for Dr. Paul Verlaan

After my family doctor said that cracking the neck could lead to stroke, I asked Dr Verlaan not to do this to my daughter, but he refused as he believed he knew better. We have a new chiropractor now.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

Paul taught me so well how to take care of my back through stretching and exercise, that I very seldom have any back problems anymore. He is amazing. And like some others mentioned, he is laser focused to relieve your problem. I went to chiropractors for years, who never totally solved my problem. Paul does.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I was referred to Paul two years ago and get ,Instant pain relief. My back thanks him.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

I have been to several chiropractors and have found his treatments to be the most effective. I get immediate and long-lasting relief of headaches and neck pain. I have recommended him to friends who have also had very positive results. He is very knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Extremely competent at discernment of problem and effective in providing treatments suited to issue.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Excellent all around. Knowledgeable, reasonably priced, thorough and easy to talk to. I have seen a lot of chiropractors in my day and Dr. Verlaan is probably the best I have seen,

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Dr. V. is first rate, patient, professional, thorough. Have recommended many friends - all who are M0ST pleased, and feeling better !

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

Extremely thorough, and relaxed atmosphere. Was in no hurry to rush thru and move on to his next patient. Was a little sore later that night but felt great the next day and was better than normal. Highly recommend this guy. Took care of my hockey injury quickly and professionally. Definitely going back for a tune-up and for anything that might happen in the future.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

After moving to the North Shore a month ago, I started to see Dr. Verlaan and would highly recommend his services to anyone that is in need of chiropractic care. I've never had to wait to see him and if that day came, I would wait patiently; he's worth it.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

Paul has been my chiropractor for more than ten years. He has extensive knowledge in his field and his background in massage therapy has held me together through all of my sports.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr. Paul Verlaan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Paul Verlaan BSc, DC, FICPA Chiropractor Dr. Verlaan has been in practice since 1990, after graduating from Western States Chiropractic College (now University of Western States) with his Doctor of Chiropractic degree. Prior to that he earned his BSc degree in Kinesiology at Simon Fraser University in 1986, and was a Licensed Massage Therapist in Oregon. He is a Fellow of the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, and is certified in the Webster Technique. Growing up playing hockey at the North Shore Winter Club, Dr. Verlaan also played lacrosse, soccer and softball. He was a member of the Ski Patrol on Grouse Mountain, and the Oregon Sports Massage Team. He was formerly a competitive short track speed skater, and has completed 16 marathons and dozens of triathlons, including 4 Ironman events. His background has enabled him to treat athletes of all ages and abilities. Dr. Verlaan uses diversified chiropractic manipulative therapy, along with soft tissue massage, passive stretching and traction, Activator Methods Chiropractic Technique, trigger point therapy and other methods to effectively treat back and neck pain and headaches. These treatments are also helpful in alleviating pain, dysfunction and injuries to the extremities, such as shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, feet, elbows, wrists and hands. Home care such as rehabilitative exercises, stretching and strengthening, postural correction and ergonomic advice, and nutritional counselling are also provided. Custom orthotics prescription and gait analysis are available as needed. Dr. Verlaan is enrolled in the ICBC Chiropractic Program, so that new and existing patients who have been in a motor vehicle accident can receive treatment based on their needs with usually no costs to the patient. Dr. Verlaan has a general family practice, treating all ages and welcomes returning and new patients. Call 604 986-9355 to book an appointment. For Dr. Verlaan's personal website, visit www.DrPaulVerlaan.com Hours Tuesday 12 pm – 8 pm Friday 8 am - 4 pm Saturday 8 am - 12 pm

• English

• Simon Fraser University (Grad. 1986)
  • Western States Chiropractic College (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal