Ratings for Dr. Christine M. Gigliuto

I have never had a problem with Dr. Gigliuto. She diagnosed my husband with a rare condition which no one caught, even his specialist. She will go the limit for her patients. I do agree the phone system is daunting,but no different from any other dr., health insurers, Medicare,etc.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

STAY AWAY if I could give Dr. Gigliuto zero stars, I would! I have been going to Dr. Gigliuto for several years now. Recently I called to make a sick visit appointment as I was feeling under the weather. After waiting through a myriad of instructions on the telephone, I was finally prompted to leave my telephone number and the message said that I would receive a call back within 2 hours. When I was finally called back instead of booking my appointment, the receptionist proceeded to diagnose me over the telephone. According to her there was a stomach virus going around and I had to “ride it out”. After two days of not feeling well, I called Dr. Gigliutos’ office again to make another appointment, same procedure, waited for the call back. When I was called back I spoke to the same receptionist (female and cannot recall her name), I explained that I was now “officially” sick and wanted to make an appointment to see Dr. Gigliuto as soon as possible. Again she proceeded with her questions of the symptoms’ I was experiencing and then made her medical decision that I definitely had a stomach virus and I should go to the hospital as the policy is not to allow sick patients appointments as I may get others sick because I might be contagious. I then went to the emergency room and after 5 hours of being there, I was charged over $1000 for tests that came back negative and sent home with a prescription for nausea and mild pain reliever for my headache. It is unbelievable for Dr. Gigliuto to allow for a receptionist to diagnose the patients over the telephone and illegal. Stay far away from this office and Dr. Gigliuto.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

She is my PCP for past few years. She is thorough and has picked up things I would not have known about. She generally is timely and does not keep me waiting. Her bedside manner is direct which works for me and follows thru on results. Her staff is friendly and responsive to my needs. I would recommend Dr. Gigliuto and her office highly.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Horrible. Appears to be past it. No indication that she has kept up with advances in research, technology, technique, pharmacology, anything. Prove that the old joke is true: what do you call the person who graduates last in their class in medical school? Doctor. Office staff is the usual situation of convoluted phone tree systems and lengthy hold times to reach someone who is disinterested at best and at worst confrontational. No indication of any caring or customer service.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I have three encounters with this doctor, and each time, it was clear, she graduated med school bottom of the class. (1) I had a bullseye rash on my back. She didn't look at it and told me it was a spider bite. Having been treated for Lyme disease before, I asked her what that would look like. Her answer was a bullseye...so I asked her to look at it again. Lyme Disease. (2) upper respiratory infection, trying to get pregnant. She prescribed me meds that caused a rash. I go back to her for a new prescription, reminded her I was trying to get pregnant, and she flipped out. Said I never told her that. We go round and round. She checks the file. Yes, I did tell her. She even circled it and initialed it. Pregnancy test. Negative. And she mysteriously did not work in that office again. (3) She is now at my current doctor's office. I can't escape her. My doctor was out. She had the nurse call me to tell me I had a urinary tract infection. I refused the prescription. When my doctor was back in, she said I had no UTI. ???

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Dr. Gigliuto is ok, rough bedside manner. Maybe it was an off day, as I saw her once as my PCP. I tried to make a sick visit appointment for my husband, who also has her as a PCP, and they refused to see him for 8 weeks. Doesn't that negate the point of a sick visit? Changed doctors immediately, as that is bull.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Gigliuto for several years and for several conditions, some of them serious. I have found her to be vigilant and thorough, and never has another of my doctors taken issue with her treatment. It's generally been easy to get an appointment when I needed one, and I've never had to wait a long time in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2007

Dr. Christine M. Gigliuto's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1987)

Amerigroup