Ratings for Dr. James M. Chimenti

Dr Chimenti saw me immediately after a referral from my GP and scheduled my surgery quickly as my condition was serious. He was knowledgeable, reassuring and I felt confident that I was in good hands. He explained my condition and we reviewed my MRI so I understood what had gone wrong and how he would correct it. My surgey was a success and my scar is hardly noticable - a definite plus as it is on my neck! His staff is friendly and the waiting time minimal.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

His office is so attentive and polite. Dr. Chimenti sits and listens carefully and answers all questions in a manner that is easily understood. Most importantly, he does not resort to surgery unless everything else fails.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Don't waste your time. This Dr. doesn't care about his patients. He seemed disinterested the two times I went to see him. I had a life threatening illness that attacked discs in my neck. Again, he couldn't have cared less. Didn't explain anything that was going on or how and if I would heal properly or require physical therapy or eventual surgery. To top it all off, I show up for a previously scheduled appointment, and his poor assistant has to be the one to tell me he cannot see me today as he is on his way to surgery. The dr. was ten feet behind her at the time and wouldn't even look at me. Need I say more. Too many good and caring dr.'s out there. Do not use this one. Trust me! P.S.- I never received a follow up phone call to reschedule, an apology, etc... You can bet I would have been charged if I didn't show up for my appointment.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

BEWARE if your are out of network with these doctors. Luckily, I only went for a consult. Office staff does a good job of luring you in. While they do make sure you are made aware that they out of network; they "suggest" that they "usually" accept the out of network payment from the insurance company, but have you sign the usual "agreement to pay" whatever insurance doesn't. Then they balance bill you the entire remaining amount anyway and will not negotiate after the fact. Get any agreements in advance, in writing and make sure you get a copy. With so many specialists pulling out of insurance networks and not participating in medicare any longer it is a good idea to shop around. Not all specialists deal with patients in this manner and there are many good doctors out there.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

2 surgeries. Won't return calls. Doesn't fill out paperwork. Terrible person and staff. Big Mistake

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

The Dr.'s is great when you are at the consultation, but after your surgery, there is a no care attitude. He does not like taking calls for questions, always says "he's with a patient". The office never processes disability papers on time so you are out of pay and at their mercy. His post surgery care sucks!! Always cancels appointments to go to conferences. More concerned about his reputation than his patients.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

surgery no use did not solve problem or even ask for follow up after 3 months to see if healing had occured

flag | Submitted October 18, 2008

This doctor performed a second surgery on my lower back and have had very good luck with my results.I wish that I had him perform the first surgery, if he did I don't think I would have needed the second surgery.Would definitely recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2007

Dr. James M. Chimenti's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Pa, Philadelphia Pa 19129 (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bound Brook, NJ