Ratings for Dr. Foster T. McCarty

Dr McCarty is very patient and calm; listens well and thinks out of the box. His being a DO rather than just an MD helps him to see broader pictures. He doesn't remember details of my complicated medical history as much as I would like without having to refer to notes, and it's very frustrating having to wait for what seems like forever in his waiting room.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

Although I personally Like Dr. McCarty his british nurse has more than once not filled a prescription.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

I have found Dr. McCarty and his staff most helpful. There have at times been longer waits than others, however, I don't mind waiting knowing that the doctor will not be in & out of the exam room so fast that I don't even remember what he looks like. Dr. McCarty takes his time and listens to his patients rather than rushing them out the door as so many other doctors do these days. I have been a patient for more than 10 years.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

This doctor did not notice or verify certain allergic medications that were flagged in the individual's chart. Therefore it caused serious problems for this particular patient,that had been seen by this physician regularly, for over 17 years. Doctors practice medicine - they are practitioners and not without faults, so we must take care with how much to trust any one of them (doctors) with our own health and safety. Take it from someone who knows and deals with the reality of this situation every day of their life.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Though I'm only 23 I've been with Dr. M since I was 12. Though young, I've had my share of health issues like Cancer. Dr. M has always been caring, extremely knowledgable, and answers the questions I have. I was away from his care 2 years for insurance purposes, and when I came back he remembered me. I can always get an appointment very quickly and the staff is very nice. Dr. M wants to know all about my care from specialist. Tina is incredible, I had always seen the doc but one time I saw Tina. She is very awesome and easy to talk to about anything. If she addressing a issue, she never does it demanding (unless your stubborn like me!) but kindly. I find her awesome addition to the team. I will continue with Dr. M and Tina care untill both retire! :-) I've never been disappointed. I was planning to go to school to be a nurse but have changed my mind and decided to be doctor now! Thanks Team!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr McCarty for over four years.Both the Doctor and his PA- Tina, are compassionate,understanding and very knowledgeable. His staff is fun and friendly. Dr gets you answers. I have even called at the last minute for an appointment,they always get me in. I had a bad experience with a former Dr. Dr McCarty got me to a specialist and education for my diabetes, which this former md completely medicated me. At one point,this former md had me on so many different medications, Dr McCarty saw no need for all of this- I am feeling so much better now. The specialist he referred me to, got me on the right path to control my diabetes. In one year,my blood glucose went from a 10.6 % to a 6.2 percent.This would not have happened,if I had stayed on the path with my old Dr. Dr McCarty pretty much mended a broken me! I have not felt this great in years! A big THANKS To HIM and his Fun Staff!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

Dr. Foster T. McCarty's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1966)

Oxford