Ratings for Dr. Fred Aoki

Took my elderly parent and had to wait a couple of hours at two different times. However, when we finally saw dr. Aoki he was very respectful, kind and considerate to my mother. He sent her for a variety of test and conferenced with her G.P. wth the results.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Told him of my 30 of 30 symptoms of lyme disease. Said it couldn't be...I asked why and he didn't have an answer. Dr said he wanted me to see 3 other specialists and have a CT scan....3 months later and he forgot whow he wanted me to see so I reminded him and now can't even get a call back from him or his secretary. Brutal I'm done with this guy

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Aoki may well be wonderful for people with other diseases...but he passed his sell buy date when it comes to Lyme Disease. He is neither empathetic, nor sympathetic and completely without knowledge. I know of 9 individuals, all with Lyme and Coinfections (which he never talks about nor tests for) all of whom would say the same thing. If he is made head of the Lyme Disease arm of public health, we are all doomed.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Aoki is great! In my interactions with him many years ago, he was attentive, sensitive and humorous. He answered all my questions and provided me with additional resources. He is a great asset to the province of Manitoba.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr. Aoki is amazing. He was able to help me after years of seeing specialists that weren't able to do much..he's kind,courteous and helpful. He is also brilliantly knowledgeable but didn't talk down to me and yet put things in terms I understood. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

Dr. Aoki needs to get his head out of the sand regarding Chronic Lyme Disease. Despite having tick bites and a multitude of symptoms that came on a month later and persisted for several months, he told me I just couldn't handle the average everyday stress that others can and told me to see a psychiatrist. I obtained his written report of the visit which contained many inaccuracies and downright lies. I am completely DISGUSTED in his denial of chronic lyme and his refusal to take my concerns seriously. I'm also flabbergasted that he would suggest seeing a psychiatrist despite obvious serious medical concerns without taking the time to rule out other diseases & conditions. I have been forced to fight this battle alone (although I know I am not the only one with the same experience), do my own research & seek treatment out of province. I am now being treated for Chronic Lyme and am on the road to recovery for a disease he told me was all in my head. This treatment from Dr. Aoki is extremely unethical, immoral & unprofessional and MUST change. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Submitted May 30, 2015

Takes the time to listen to your complaint in a professional manner, advises what needs to be done, keeps all other doctors involved apprised of the treatments required. Couldn't ask for a better bedside manner, either.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Very professional and knowledge. Amazing bed side manner. Friendly and easy to talk to, would recommend him

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

This man is the best. My mother had a nasty infection in her foot and not only did he cure it, but he also saved her from having her lower leg being amputated. Very personable and caring. We thank God for my mother having him as her doctor.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I take my mother to this doctor and I am so impressed with him, I know my mother is getting the necessary treatment and I feel better after she sees him. He is so friendly, easy to understand and has a great bed-side manner. I definitely recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012