Ratings for Dr. Pieter Labuschagne

Doctor Labuschagne has been my doctor for many years and now he's gone this really sucks. When he first met me he made me a promise . And that was (you will never be in need of meds and I will never be dishonest with you.this is his promises to me . Well he's gone and I never had a chance to say goodbye even . I understand he's at the u of a in Edmonton now so I think I might go see him there.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

This doctor treated my brother in Lac La Biche a few years ago. My brother was admitted on a weekend before New Years and the doctor seen then. After that the Doctor left for the day and told the nurses to call him if there were any changes. They did on more than one occasion and each time he would tell the nurses he was busy with family and to adjust antibiotics. Hours later my brother began to crash. Nurses told him at that time this was more than what they were capable of dealing with and he needed to attend. Turned out my brother had a life-threatening infection and air lifted to Edmonton. After preliminary surgery the UofA had to fly him to Vancouver for specialized treatment. Two months later my brother is shipped back there. Once there, The doctor went in, asked the nurses to give him "some privacy" and he apologized for not being on top of the problem earlier (nobody was able to verify this other than my brother). Since that time I had an experience with a patient here in Vegreville who was treated like a she was just a bother to him. Rude, demeaning and chauvinistic! He is definitely in the wrong profession. He should look into mortuary work.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Very kind and knowledgeable--Knew exactly what the problem was and what to subscribe.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I've lived in veg for about 12yrs in that time I've had many dealings with many doc,s that have seemed to move through at a steady flow. I've watched this with a steady decline in respect for doctor,s. They work through life thinking there gods . That's pardon my language -bullcrap. But then I met Dc Labuschagne. This man has renewed my faith, over the past 5or6yrs that I have been his patient he has taken the most excellent care I could ask for. I've read many of the postings here about him and must say the people in this town are sickening. All they do is complain and whine. They do this because they are mostly old and set in there ways . Or they just believe that money or family stature makes them better than everyone else. Doctor labuschagne helps me and he does a more than excellent job. I hope he is here for a long time to come. I no if he is I will live a lot longer then I honesty deserve. I have to thank him from the bottom of my heart.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I ended up seeing him in emerg due to terrible pain. When I brought in a lab request form from another doctor that I had not done yet, he would not even look at it. When I asked him why he would not check the form to see what this other doctor requested and that he might want to request other things he just smirked at me and left the room. The guy is ignorant, his bed side manner is terrible and he doesn't give a hoot about the people he sees. He told me to go home and take some antacids. I ended up having gallstones and have to go for surgery. If his crappy attitude and arrogant ignorant behaviour didn't get in the way, he might be an ok doctor as he seems to have half a brain. But just half.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

I saw this doctor in the emergency department after I was unable to make an appointment at the local clinic for over two weeks. My concern was not medically urgent, and he treated me with condescension and disrespect. His attitude was unnecessary.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

I was very sick a few years ago so my mother rushed me to the emergency. I had trouble breathing, my air way was getting cut off. The nurse saw me right away and then dr. Lab came shortly after. He tested me for croup and many other things and couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. He sent me to the university of Alberta hospital right away, within 10 minutes I was on the road in the ambulance. At the u of a they discovered I had bacterial tracheitis and had to go in for surgery. If I would have stayed in vegreville hospital I would have died over night. I thank dr.Lab for doing the right thing, he saved my life. If it was any doctor in vegreville would probaly be dead as they would have sent me home.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

after 2 years of suffering immensely, and having difficulty getting this dr to hear what my concerns were, which were extremely severe, he finally sent me to 3 specialists in the past 5 months who all found serious untreated problems that are all worse now because he failed to investigate any of them for the first year and a half that i was trying to explain them to him. Even getting the specialist appointments that i finally got, were because i would bring them up again, and he insisted that i hadn't mentioned them before. when i tried to politely and calmly tell him that i had, he would become angry, accuse me of lying, until he checked his notes and found everything i had said was true and documented. since the results of the 3 specialists have been sent to him, he has not followed up, but has in fact, told me to find another dr. I think that is malpractice. I took a friend with me to my last appointment, who can verify everything I've said here. I still suffer due to this dr

flag | Submitted September 3, 2011

immature, chauvenist, disrespectful, lack of interest in patients, away on holidays often, for long periods of time, doesn't follow up on previous tests, lab work or info from previous appointments, acts childish if questioned on his inability to remember what he was told until he checks his notes, his solution, is that of dysfunction, to quit, to advise you to see another doctor, rather than behave in an adult mature manner to resolve issues and improve doctor client relationship. focuses on non medical related issues and wastes time to discuss fault and blame rather than treat, diagnose, or assist patients medically as a doctor. just basic lack of real "doctor" interest in patient at all. Its not productive for patients to change doctors when in the process of specialist tests and procedures because they have maturity issues. Patients need their doctor to pay attention to what they tell them and know their doctor hears, listens and is concerned.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

He is very helpful and very pleasant. Probably one of the best doctors that I have had to go see makes you feel confortable and when he is not sure he will get you into to see a specialist quickly

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009