Ratings for Dr. Marguerite Kopaniak

Just Awful. I don't know why she is a doctor. She really doesn't care about people at all. She is rude, condescending, and makes you feel awful.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I just had the same experience as the reviews written below. Very rude, condescending, dismissive. I don't know how or why she is still a practicing physician I am going to ignore all her ridiculous tests ordered and find another doctor for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I just had an experience with Dr. Kopaniak that was so terrible, it left me bawling in the food court outside the MCI office in the Atrium on Bloor. No doctor I've ever seen has been more rude, condescending, dismissive and mocking. I suffer from chronic sinus and upper respiratory infections, I've been getting them since 2012. I went in to the MCI clinic last week and was prescribed amoxicillin by another doctor, as per usual. Today I went in to get a refill, as I typically always have to take two rounds of antibiotics, and Dr. Kopaniak barely even examined me before insisting it would be criminal to prescribe antibiotics as clearly I have asthma. I tried to tell her that was definitely not the case, and asked her if she could please inspect my nose and throat as she had only listened to my breathing. BIG MISTAKE. I know what I heard, she told me. She noticed a couple of cat hairs on my sweater and exclaimed, "I knew it! You have a cat, don't you? What you have is asthma exacerbated by cat allergies." When I asked her how common it was to display allergy symptoms for two weeks a year to a cat you've had for 22 years, she said "OH IT'S TERRIBLY COMMON!" in a condescending and patronizing tone of voice. At this point, I'm not ashamed to admit it, I started crying. I really just felt I wasn't being listened to, and didn't know what to do in the face of her behaviour. She mocked me: "I didn't wake up this morning and set out to misdiagnose people. You don't have to CRY, I'm a good doctor I promise." I held up my hands and said "I'm not going to argue with you. Thank you for your time," to which she replied "well try to stop crying at least, you're going to have to trust me." I'm headed to another walk in clinic now to get a refill of my amoxicillin. Steer clear of this doctor, she's awful!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

The Dr. had a poor attitude and was quite unpleasant. Will not go back.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Most unpleasant experience with a doctor by far. The wait time was very long, but that is understandable as it was a walk-in clinic. I was dealing with a skin irritation, and I was telling Dr. Kopaniak about my symptoms. She looks at me and says 'I have no idea what that is'. I talked a little more about my symptoms and she said 'Well if it's not bothering you then what's the problem' sounding very exasperated. I then went on to explain that I wouldn't be seeing a doctor if it wasn't bothering me. I then asked her if she would please inspect the area. She then rolled her eyes again and threw a paper hospital gown in my direction and told me to lie down before she exited the room. After about 25 minutes she came back and showed her the problem. She looked for about 5 seconds and said 'I don't know what that is.' I asked her what I should do then and she again rolled her eyes and said 'find a dermatologist'. I could not get over how unprofessional this doctor was. I felt mocked and embarrassed. Dr Kopaniak had no bedside manner or desire to find out what the problem was. I am extremely unimpressed, and hope Dr. Kopaniak will not be practicing medicine much longer.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I went in to see this doctor recently at a walk-in clinic and was shocked by her behaviour. She was extremely rude, belittling, demeaning, sarcastic and provided me with no information whatsoever about the issues I had seen her about. At one point, when I asked her a question, she scoffed; at another point when I asked a question, she laughed at me; and at yet another, she shook her head at me. I left at the end of the appointment with no information whatsoever about my injuries and what I should do to help them heal. I will now, I suppose, have to see another doctor to get some information about it. All the negative comments that are posted on this website do accurately describe her demeanour during an examination.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Saw this md a few visits when she was practising in high park. Strange duck, unpredictable in mood, kept me waiting half hour naked with a cover, and no apology, ailments not severe, fortunately as she gave me little care and too much attitude. Today I have two major diseases and enough trouble with far too cool and detached a family dr but far far more professional than this one. Astonished she is still practising - her name came up when I was researching Toronto Drs for a move back to TO. I have an overworked and sensitive, thoroughly professional rheumatologist in Kitchener. Now that's a great dr. We patients know.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I cannot believe that this woman is still practising medicine! Please do not be fooled by her brief moments of professionalism! She often appears to be very knowledgeable and caring, but when her mood swings, she is very rude and unsympathetic! Like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde!! When she was working in the High Park area, she misdiagnosed me with Polymyalgia Rheumatica and flatly told me I'm sorry, but you don't have much longer to live and there is nothing more you can do about it. I was devastated, but went to have further testing done. The specialists almost laughed and said you're way too young to have this disease and gave me many other reasons why it most likely wasn't my problem ... The tests proved that he was right. I went through some unnecessary pain and suffering because of Dr. Kopaniak's harsh words and incorrect conclusions! DO NOT TRUST THIS WOMAN! She is very unstable and as others have pointed out, needs help herself!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I met Dr. Kopaniak today at a walk-in clinic and I don't usually review doctors but she was so wonderful that I felt compelled to leave a review. I never have high expectations when visiting a walk-in clinic but Dr. Kopaniak was thorough and very knowledgeable. She examined me and explained everything to me so that I understood. I found her to be extremely competent and she also has one of the best bedside manners I've seen. She was warm, kind and understanding. This, along with her knowledge, makes her an excellent doctor in my opinion. I would visit her again and would not hesitate to recommend her to friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

As another person mentioned, I too was one of her patients at her clinic in High Park when she suddenly disappeared without telling anyone. Her staff also seemed to be in shock and did not know what to tell me or how to move forward at the time. Unfortunately, none of this came as a surprise to me, as I found Dr. K very unprofessional and unpleasant at virtually every single appointment I had with her. She often scoffed at my health concerns and offered very little, often questionable "medical" advice. When I was concerned that I was losing weight for no known reason and feeling general malaise, she laughed at me and told me to "eat more" and said, "do you know how many women would kill for that body?!". Really?!? Way to belittle your patients and show absolutely NO respect or care for their individual needs. I absolutely would not recommend this doctor.

Submitted April 4, 2016