Ratings for Dr. Jan L. Brandes

Although I did have a very long wait to see the doctor her prep paper did say to allow for this and did apologize personally for this. Her acknowledge and willingness to explain things and be sure I understood was above and beyond. I am looking forward to working with Dr. Brandes and her staff.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Brandes is an amazing Neurologist!! My Neurologist from The Mayo Clinic suggested her to me. That says a lot there. Sometimes the wait is long but that is scheduling not her clinical skills. She spends as much time as she needs to help her patients. I have chronic daily headaches and I do not know what I would do without her!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Dr. Brandes overprescribes and you will wait hours and hours even with an appt.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I had 4 appointments with Dr. Brandes. In each case I was in the waiting room over 2 hours before being called back. In one case I finally left before being called back. In another case after over 2 hours I was called back, they took blood and sent be back to the waiting room. After another 20 min or so I again left without seeing a dr The other two times I waited it out. Once I saw Dr Brandes and liked her very much. She proscribed a course of meds I could absolutely not tolerate. When I went back for the check in I saw her PA and attempted to explain how very sick the meds made me but she insisted I go back on them to see if they would help the migraines. In spite of me saying I'm trading one debilitating condition for another. I'm done. Not going back. The wait times, with only a few other people waiting - not crowded - were disrespectful of the patients time in a way I've never seen before. I won't go back.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

She will put you on medications that cause more harm and make you feel out of it, and then when you tell her the course of treatment does not work for you, she will tell you that you are doing something wrong. I knew 6 other patients of hers and 5 of them were told by her that their problems were psychosomatic after they disagreed with her course of treatment. The same happened to me. If you do exactly what she says without voicing your own concerns, she is the doctor for you. If you disagree with a medication she wants to put you on, she will become downright cruel. You also usually have to wait more than 2 hours.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Never got to see her. When I called and noone answered the phone I knew then to go somewhere else. What doctor's office doesn't answer the phone? It literally sounded like you was calling your great grandmother's house.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Jan Brandes was or is one of the top 50 paid Big Pharma docs in the US. Google "Dollars for Docs." The original article noted the top 50 doctors, and now it only shows the top 20 paid - 5 of whom are in TN. She refused to review my MRIs, though the most recent had just been done; she wanted to give me shots in my head for headaches I did NOT have, then sent me a bill for shots in my head that I NEVER had; she has a large turnover of staff because Dr. Brandes is more interested in her next speaking engagement for Big Pharma than she is patients - by far. She is highly connected with doctors who throw people in Psych Wards in order to try their newly patented drugs on and get their payments by Big Pharma. One of the worst human beings we have ever known, along with all the other doctors she is connected with. One of the main companies that paid her was Glaxo Smith Kline, a company that was sued by the government and lost both criminal and civil charges for FRAUD the largest cased in medical history in approximately 2012. Their drugs killed tens of thousands of people. Her staff and she were rude; we waited for hours; we were only prescribed medicines that she is getting paid by the drug company from; she refused to read MRI unless we went to see "her" place to get the MRI, since she likely gets a kick back from there as well. Could have cared less about the health of the patient.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Dr. Brandes is amazing! I have received great care and treatment from her and her staff.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

The staff person I spoke with a Dr. Brandes's office was completely inept.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Worst. Experience. Ever. Wait time in lobby EVERY time was 3+ hours. Going there to treat my chronic migraines gave me a migraine.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

Dr. Jan L. Brandes's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)