Ratings for Dr. Jan L. Brandes

She will put you on medications that cause more harm and make you feel out of it, and then when you tell her the course of treatment does not work for you, she will tell you that you are doing something wrong. I knew 6 other patients of hers and 5 of them were told by her that their problems were psychosomatic after they disagreed with her course of treatment. The same happened to me. If you do exactly what she says without voicing your own concerns, she is the doctor for you. If you disagree with a medication she wants to put you on, she will become downright cruel. You also usually have to wait more than 2 hours.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Never got to see her. When I called and noone answered the phone I knew then to go somewhere else. What doctor's office doesn't answer the phone? It literally sounded like you was calling your great grandmother's house.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Jan Brandes was or is one of the top 50 paid Big Pharma docs in the US. Google "Dollars for Docs." The original article noted the top 50 doctors, and now it only shows the top 20 paid - 5 of whom are in TN. She refused to review my MRIs, though the most recent had just been done; she wanted to give me shots in my head for headaches I did NOT have, then sent me a bill for shots in my head that I NEVER had; she has a large turnover of staff because Dr. Brandes is more interested in her next speaking engagement for Big Pharma than she is patients - by far. She is highly connected with doctors who throw people in Psych Wards in order to try their newly patented drugs on and get their payments by Big Pharma. One of the worst human beings we have ever known, along with all the other doctors she is connected with. One of the main companies that paid her was Glaxo Smith Kline, a company that was sued by the government and lost both criminal and civil charges for FRAUD the largest cased in medical history in approximately 2012. Their drugs killed tens of thousands of people. Her staff and she were rude; we waited for hours; we were only prescribed medicines that she is getting paid by the drug company from; she refused to read MRI unless we went to see "her" place to get the MRI, since she likely gets a kick back from there as well. Could have cared less about the health of the patient.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Dr. Brandes is amazing! I have received great care and treatment from her and her staff.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

The staff person I spoke with a Dr. Brandes's office was completely inept.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

Worst. Experience. Ever. Wait time in lobby EVERY time was 3+ hours. Going there to treat my chronic migraines gave me a migraine.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I have waited more than 4 weeks to find out about lab work and to have my tests scheduled. Still haven't received my labs. The wait time in the waiting room was over an hour. Staff continuously says they will call back and don't. My migraine problem was supposed to be fixed by changing ALL my meds, but it only made them more frequent. Find a different neurologist! A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I have never seen such disregard for a patient's time. She is no more knowledgable than any other doctor and we will not be coming back. It is not worth waiting all day!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I have been seeing both the Doctor and the NP for years. They have changed my life with their wonderful care. Their staff is great and always (most of the time ) easy to work with. I would never change to a different physician for my headaches. Jane Thomas Smith

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I was astonished at Dr. Brandes' thoroughness, kindness, ability to extract meaning from my experiences and summarize key points into an action plan for me. Susan Roberson, NP, stayed till 7:00 with me when my BP skyrocketed. She was wonderful. I can't say enough good about the care I received. Marie Golden

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Dr. Jan L. Brandes's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)