You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jan L. Brandes

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

The staff person I spoke with a Dr. Brandes's office was completely inept.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

I have waited more than 4 weeks to find out about lab work and to have my tests scheduled. Still haven't received my labs. The wait time in the waiting room was over an hour. Staff continuously says they will call back and don't. My migraine problem was supposed to be fixed by changing ALL my meds, but it only made them more frequent. Find a different neurologist! A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I have never seen such disregard for a patient's time. She is no more knowledgable than any other doctor and we will not be coming back. It is not worth waiting all day!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I have been seeing both the Doctor and the NP for years. They have changed my life with their wonderful care. Their staff is great and always (most of the time ) easy to work with. I would never change to a different physician for my headaches. Jane Thomas Smith

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I was astonished at Dr. Brandes' thoroughness, kindness, ability to extract meaning from my experiences and summarize key points into an action plan for me. Susan Roberson, NP, stayed till 7:00 with me when my BP skyrocketed. She was wonderful. I can't say enough good about the care I received. Marie Golden

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Worst costumer service, professionalism & helpfulness I've ever encountered. I've been trying to work with Dr. Brandes for chronic migraines for the past 10 months; with roughly 6 appointments I've only seen her once. NP the other times. Her staff of nurses are incredibly nice with the exception of Debbie. The office staff has told me Dr. Brandes likes to overbook her days and that's why I've repeatedly had to wait nearly 3 hours for treatment. 3 hours!! That's ridiculous and near torture when you are experiencing a painful headache that's lasted two weeks. DON'T make an appointment, find actual help elsewhere. Not only have I had to wait 3+hours for appointments but they've delayed Botox treatment since Debbie couldn't figure out how to work with my insurance company. What? Now I'm on week 2 of daily migraine without a treatment in sight. Horrible experience since day one.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Brandes since November of 2006. I was introduced to her office for a Botox Clinical Trial for migraines. Dr. Brandeis was so kind, knowledgable and empathetic throughout the clinical trial period of 18 months. I enjoyed her staff at that time as well. After the Botox clinical trial ended everything changed for the worse. There was repetitive turnover in all areas of staff. No one seemed to be knowledgeable of standard process or procedures. Dr. Brandes became abrasive, short tempered and made me fill as if I were a Thorne in her flesh. My appointments started to always being cancelled. My Botox injections would work once and seemed like the trial placebos with absolutely NO effect the majority of the time. I was always being placed on new drugs which were of no effect except for weight gain. The wait time was horrific, they would last three to four hours and these were normal check ups with Botox. When Botox was administered I would plan to stay five to six hours. Next I was transferred to the care of Susan, the Nurse Practitioner. Susan was a bit better but always seemed tired and over worked. She actually took the time to listen to me and tweaked my meds as she felt necessary. Her administration of Botox, however, always hurt and was administered differently than Dr. Brandes. Here I am eight years later, remaining in pain, Botox appointments still being rescheduled and the a refusal to provide more than 20 pain tablets every 90 days. The only bright spot in the office was Charlotte and Jessica who have since also left the practice. Please consider other Neurologist before subjecting yourself to the torture and unprofessionalism of this office. There has to be better providers. I hope to goodness that there aren't any who are worse.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I have been to Dr. Brandes for many years and always had good results until the last three months. I have had 20 or more migraines each month. My appointment was at3:00 and I saw her at 6:45. I left there at 8:30 that night and have an hour drive to home. She preceded to tell me that what I was doing was wrong even though she had prescribed meds for me. Told me it was all due to stress and wanted me to go to the hospital. I have always had the utmost respect for her but this took care of all of that. She gave me nothing to help with the onset of multiple headaches. I am in pain almost every day and she has limited my migraines meds to only to but my insurance only pays for15. I am very, very disappointed in her at this time and am looking for another neurologist.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Jan L. Brandes's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Brandes is amazing! I have received great care and treatment from her and her staff. "

November 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The staff person I spoke with a Dr. Brandes's office was completely inept. "

November 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst. Experience. Ever. Wait time in lobby EVERY time was 3+ hours. Going there to treat my chronic migraines gave me a migraine."

October 11, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I have waited more than 4 weeks to find out about lab work and to have my tests scheduled. Still haven't received my labs. The wait time in the waiting room wa..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have never seen such disregard for a patient's time. She is no more knowledgable than any other doctor and we will not be coming back. It is not worth waiting..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing both the Doctor and the NP for years. They have changed my life with their wonderful care. Their staff is great and always (most of the tim..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was astonished at Dr. Brandes' thoroughness, kindness, ability to extract meaning from my experiences and summarize key points into an action plan for me. Su..."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst costumer service, professionalism & helpfulness I've ever encountered. I've been trying to work with Dr. Brandes for chronic migraines for the past 10 mon..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Brandes since November of 2006. I was introduced to her office for a Botox Clinical Trial for migraines. Dr. Brandeis was so kind,..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been to Dr. Brandes for many years and always had good results until the last three months. I have had 20 or more migraines each month. My appointment ..."

October 10, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Jan" to "Jan L."

October 20, 2013