Ratings for Dr. Christopher Parfitt

He has done 3 knee surgeries on me now....he is an amazing surgeon and has helped me tremendously! And can get in to see him very quickly.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I am looking for anyone who had ulnar nerve relocation surgery performed by Dr C Parfitt who is willing to share that experience, good, bad or indifferent. I had this surgery done recently & am not impressed with the results. He tells me he has performed 100's of these surgeries & has never had a problem before.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2017

Went to him with a bad knee, came out of surgery with a terrible knee. I would suggest you bring an activated recording device to appointments, as well as the surgical recovery room. If you have an insurance claim of any kind, well, good luck!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Refuses to deal with bureaucracy even though I see it as a critical component of health-care consulting, if necessary. Literally refused to document his opinion only due to the bureaucracy, as he made it clear it was a waste of his time. Very little empathy, if any. Was completely stuck on what he thought should happen with zero attention to who the patient was. Became short and said "have the surgery". A little too forward in my opinion.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

He made me believe I would have to walk with a cane for the rest of my life. Never gave me direct answers to my questions and when he did answer my questions he was always negative. I'm 19 years old and am now able to run and do everything he said I wouldn't be able to. do. Very discouraging for a 19 year old trying to recover to the best of my ability. He never said one positive thing to me during my 4 months recovery. Every time I left his office I felt extremely depressed, discouraged and incapable of having a full recovery. He told me I didn't need physiotherapy . When I finally did get physiotherapy it was the most helpful and encouraging thing throughout my recovery.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Parfitt has treated several times over the years. I find his manner, professionalism and work beyond reproach

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Had a complete tib/fib fracture in 2002. Dr. Parfitt informed me that we could either do a cast or a rod inside the bone with pins. I was concerned how the rod would affect the knee. When we questioned him, he was quite short and told us it has nothing to do with the knee. He then placed a rod down the center of the bone with a slide hammer through the knee joint. I had major knee pain following the operation that didn't dissipate. I met with dr. Parfitt who told me that there was nothing that he could do, that everything was normal and the rod can't get removed. Still disabled a year later, I saw a surgeon in Vancouver who didn't understand why dr. Parfittt didn't remove the rod and wondered why the incisions were so crooked. After a phone call, he learned that the rod was placed too deep and he thought it couldn't be removed. This surgeon was able to remove it and the knee made a full recovery almost immediately. I'm very active and i would still be crippled today with Dr Parfitt.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Very warm and friendly. Surgery was quick with very little discomfort.Wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

I am very grateful to Dr. Parfitt for excellent attention before surgery and after this my second time he has operated on me on my knees with great results

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Good Guy, felt I could ask him anything. Came and got me himself for my emergency surgery on a broken ankle, if he hadn't I would not have gotten in and would have had to wait another day! Wonderful man!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012