Ratings for Dr. Niels Schwarz

Very helpful. Explained my problems in detail and gave me a hand out on my condition. Looks me in the eye when he talks! Also well liked at the hospital.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I went to see Dr.Schwarz yesterday with on going heart issues.He was very personable & friendly.He will organize more tests & do all he can to find the recurring problem. Thank-you Dr. Schwarz

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

I had an appointment with him yesterday. Referred to him by my GP regarding my heart issues over the past 10 years. Certainly not the errant SOB that has been suggested. Very personable and not a moment when I felt he wasn't listening or talking down to me. He went to great length to make sure I understood his diagnose of my condition. His thoroughness as to my condition was evident by his comments and the various reports spread over his desk. Most pleased with the experience.,,, Nice guy!!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Not being in the medical profession, I can't really comment on Dr. Schwartz expertise but I can comment on his terrible interpersonal skills when in consult with him about a heart problem. I am a retired professional woman with an MA and I have never been treated with such arrogance, pomposity and disdain as I have by this man. I was loathe to ask the pertinent questions I should have as I was too upset by his manner. One is in a vulnerable position as it is when seeing a specialist for perhaps a life-threatening diagnosis and one needs compassion and support rather than belittlement as if an inferior species.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

Was treated by this Dr. for a heart problem. Said I had some blockage and to take Lipitor.Refused to as he did not know how it would affect my Lupus and Porphyria. He was to let me know, never did. He was arrogant, a "don't question me attitude" and at my refusal to take the drug said " If you want to kill yourself, go right ahead."Would never go to him again or recommend him to anyone. If I had followed his advice I would have remained on Lipitor with no follow up.Had I followed his advice, Cardiologists say I would have had a heart attack within one to two years and died. I am now waiting for a triple by pass, my arteries were so clogged and all he could recommend was Lipitor.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

excellent diagonsis and quick response saved my daughters life. Good communication with family.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

Thanks to him, I am back at work. Nobody figured out my problem until I met this doctor. Very personable.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

Top notch doc. Very helpful and explained things in detail using diagrams. Would be happy to see him again.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2009

Figured out a problem that nobody else could. Feeling much better thanks to this doc and now back at work. He seemed to genuinely care about my problems and I would recommend him

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

My husband would not be living if he had stayed in the care of this doctor.I had to drive him to the door of the hospital for an appointment with this doctor at the hospital. I was told they would probably do tests. He kept us waiting half an hour and was on the computer in the other room. He did not listen to the fact that my husband had chest pain and it had started only 3 weeks before, He told him to come back in eight days. Luckily we went to visit our kids in the lower mainland and the very next day my husband had a heart attack. He had an emergency triple bypass as well as a valve replacement in St. Paul's. He was in intensive care for a week and in the hospital a month and has not fully recovered. I would never recommend anyone go to this man. He doesn't listen or care.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2009