Ratings for Dr. Sejal S. Mehta

Please see another Doctor. She is smart but seems to have lost interest in her clients as a result of being burnt out. She's list the capability to properly treat clients

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

I have been working and referral clients to Dr. Mehta for the past few years. She is compassionate and caring when it comes to her patients. I believed in her philosophy as she once said to her patient, "I will get you what you NEED and not what you WANT." Dr. Mehta and her staff deal with the needs of people of all kinds of cultures, personalities, commitments and appearances and they did it so well with integrity, concern, and respect! Awesome practice! I would recommend Psychiatric Medical Associates in Plano to anyone who need help and have the courage to start the first step.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2016

She wanted me on a strong drug Haldol when I didn't even have schizophrenia. Would call me unstable for little stupid things like if I was angry she would say I'm unstable. I was not unstable. She's nice but she is a drug pusher. She said I couldn't live my life off meds. Look at me now I have a job and go to school all off meds she was wrong. She gets the diagnosis wrong sometimes and with me she really had no evidence at all that I was bipolar according to her. The staff was bad too they were very disorganized. She was never on time because she booked like 5 people at the same appointment time. She was late because she was coming from a hospital where she works too. She still should be on time I think I waited 40 min each time to see her it was ridicules. She puts people on power full drugs when they don't need them. Just be cautious with her and have a voice.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr. Mehta does not communicate at all. My mother was in Millwood Hospital and she did not give the family any kind of report or opinion at all. I had to threaten just to get her to call me. Then I requested a one time simple refill of the new meds that Mehta put her on just until I can find another doctor for my mother and she wouldn't refill.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013