Ratings for Dr. W.M. Leung

I had lapband surgery with Dr. Leung in 2004. He was horrible, rude, his office was filthy, with paper thin walls and anyone in the waiting room could hear your conversation with him. However, I was greatful to get the band done so I sucked it up and luckily I had no issues. Now that he has disappeared - I assume retired but would not be surprised if he lost his license - I think back to going to his office for fills. Both my friend (who also had the lap band surgery) and I had the same experience. He would get you to stand there, naked from the waist up, drinking water from a filthy glass in his office while he did the fill. We didn't know any better and thought this was normal. Having had fills by other doctors since Dr. Leung left, we have not been required to disrobe in order to have a fill. This guy was a pervert and I hope he lost his license.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I also need this lapband out. I am really not sure where to go....

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

I need this lapband OUT. Where can I go since I can't find this Dr anywhere? He did my lapband and I've had nothing but problems since :(

flag | Submitted December 31, 2014

THIS DOCTOR DID A SURGERY FOR MY MOM- COUPLE MONTHS LATER SHE DIES FROM INFECTION... SURGERY WAS BOTCHED. "ROUTINE" SURGERY DONE WRONG. I pray he loses his licence.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

I'm looking for someone else to do my fills. Very rude, no support, no compassion, Gives us no information.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

I have nothing but great things to say about him. I do not go to a surgeon for a hand holding friend, I want someone who is a straight shooter and knows what he is doing. THIS IS THAT GUY!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

I have had few hic cups with the band. Dr. Leung worked along with me for the past two years. I respect and love him so much.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2010

YUCH!! He is not clean. He is rude. He is uncaring. His office is a shambles. He reeks of smoke. He has a high incidence of infection in his surgeries - because he is NOT CLEAN. He is not friendly. He is not kind. He is not nice.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2010

I have never seen a doctor like Dr.Leung. He is rude, careless, and very bad manner. I went there for skin cancer surgery and he spent 2 minutes with me. While he was talking to me his cell phone rang and he picked it up and talked on his cell phone for 20 minutes, just like I don't exist. He did not provide any information and did not explain the procedures. I will not let him to operate on me and will not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Dr Leung I just do not get it. Why be a complete a** and still take on a job to care for people? Money thats why. As others have said he has a horrible bedside manner. Technically he is a good surgeon he did my mother's lapband. However after seeing the way he treated her before, during and after surgery I say forget it. I wanted to have my surgery as well. But he was the only choice atleast thats what I thought. I ended up going with a company name MedPath Group they help canadian citizens have surgery in other countries. My mother came with me for my surgery in Mexico and she wa stunned at how great the service was, how professional the doctor and staff were, and most of all how much different it was from her experience. He needs classes in both ethics and customer service. Sooner or later a better surgeon will be giving you competition and you will have no choice but to treat your patients with respect. http://www.medpathgroup.com/bariatric_gastric_bypass_surgery.php

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009