Ratings for Dr. Michael Savard

I have seen Dr Savard 3 times in my life. On one occasion, he sent my daughter home from Emerg with a nebulizer (her symptoms were rash and sore throat) next day she was correctly diagnosed by a pediatrician with Scarlet Fever (nothing to do with her lungs) Another occasion, I took my infant son to emerge with an eye infection - he scolded me for wasting his time with such a trivial thing. And, very sadly 9 years ago my mother died after a 2 week illness. At the start of her illness, she was in Stony Plain Emerg with breathing problems (apparently pneumonia) and the not so wonderful Dr Savard scolded her for lying in bed instead of getting up and walking around. Shortly after, my mother was intubated and transferred to ICU where she passed 8 days later from lung toxicity. My family had a meeting with Westview Health Centre Directors and complained about Dr Savard's uncaring treatment of my mum (82 years old). I would never recommend him to anyone!

Submitted December 22, 2016

I saw Dr. Savard in the ER and he was excellent. He was pleasant and professional and did fixed me up quickly and effectively. i will be looking to see if he is taking new patients. I hope so.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

No complaints on my end - I surely hope the person that left a less than perfect score is the only one that feels this way about a doctor that really does know what he's doing, and makes you feel completely comfortable and in good hands while doing it. I guess we all have our bad days occasionally.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2008

I have only seen Dr. Savard in the E.R. and I would not choose hime to be my doctor. Good greatly improve on his bedside manner

flag | Submitted December 22, 2007

A very compassionate and thorough physician. I would recommend Dr. Savard highly. He also works very well with the other staff.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

Very pleasant and helpful Takes time to talk and dosn't rush you through

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007