Ratings for Dr. Mei Hwang

My mother was misdiagnosed last year after coming to Dr. Hwang. By the time her cancer was found, she was terminal. While we look for a pediatrician, we've gotten our newborn's first checkups with her. Average wait time is 1.5hours after your appointment. Before you go, call ahead and ask how long she's behind.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

She's awesome! She can really help with your problems and you can talk to her bout anything.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I called just asking for possibility to move my appointment ahead as I felt extremely uncomfortable. The receptionist told me over the phone ' you are already very luckyto have an appointment' I asked her if I could at least got my test result if I had to visit walk-in doctor that might help. She said she's busy and she might have a look if she found the time. Of course, she never called me back. Wait hours is always 2 to 3 hours. Doctor always brush off your request even asked twice that I need a second opinion. She makes you feel that your problem is no big deal and you should just live with it.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

She is the best doctor ever. You may have to wait quite awhile to see her after your scheduled appointment time, but that's because she's thorough and takes her time with and really cares for her patients.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Dr. Mei is the most demeaning and unprofessional doctor I have ever met. She talks down to you as if you are an idiot and has always given me a wrong diagnosis. She brushes off your concerns and is very careless and neglectful of her patients. She is rude and very unapproachable and should step down from her role as a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

People here say that the doctor is very knowledgeable as if all other doctors are dumb. She knows her material just as any other doctor is expected to know. The waiting is totally unacceptable. She is nice though, but very demeaning at times, if one is not assertive. She thinks all diseases are funny and just gets cured over time. Our new born daughter (third child) is sick since she was born (not eating any kind of milk, gets diaper rush when breast fed), but she insists that it's normal. She thinks we worry too much even when two other doctors suggested she may have allergy. Also, all the Chinese staff are extremely rude. We are here to find another doctor who really cares.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

Good doctor. Very professional. Reply to our consult accurately and very helpful. If visit during weekday, waiting time is acceptable - duration within an hour. Sometimes it can be too long waiting time, but cannot ask for more.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Wait time is extremely long, sometimes 3 to 4 hours. One time for my physical, I waited 3 hours and then came to know that she was not even in the office. I was not even informed. Staff is rude. The facility is filty, urine on bathroom floors, bathroom garbage cans with no lids, no lock on bathroom door. Parking is a pain. Long wait with no space in the waiting room. Doctor needs to take a course on time management and learn to respect others time.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Mei's for over 15 years. I never had any complaints with her treatments or suggestion...until my husband and i decided to have children. We tried to conceive for 2 years with no luck..i kept telling her about our problems and she kept brushing it off, finally my husband and i practically had to beg her for help or find another MD, she did a few tests and told us everything was ok..we asked her to refer us to another OBGYN for a second opinion, since it seemed unlikely that after 2 years of trying there was apparently "nothing wrong". She referred me to another OBGYN, who did ALOT of very thorough tests and within a WEEK gave us our results..turns out i'm infertile and therefore unable to conceive naturally..the first thing my new OBGYN said to me was.."this is really obvious based on your results i can't believe your doctor missed this". She didn't take us seriously until we begged for help..she didn't care about us or our problems.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012

Dr Mei is an exceptional physician with a heart to serve. I could not have asked for a better doctor. The wait time is long, but you will not receive better care!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011