Ratings for Dr. Joanne Piscitelli

This was my first experience with Duke medicine and my expectations were high base on talking with others. I went in with a issue that I was dealing with and at the end of my appointment there was still no answer given. This issue was important to me and it didn't seem as though finding an answer was important to her. Her bedside manner was poor and I wasn't sure if it was non-interest or not much of a people person. The atmosphere/office was very un-inviting in comparison to other OBGYN's I have dealt with in the past. I felt somewhat uncomfortable throughout my entire appointment and have never felt this way in the past. Overall a very disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

As a Duke employee and having had appointments with Dr. Piscitelli's partners I had higher expectations for my experience with her. Unfortunately, she demonstrated poor bedside manner. She was obviously disinterested in answering my questions and caused me to feel as though I was inconveniencing her throughout my interaction with her, which was brief as she was literally half way out of the door within a few minutes. I do believe her clinical knowledge and skill are above average, but that is not sufficient in a consumer-driven healthcare market. Overall, a disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

Dr. Piscatelli presents as someone who is not interested in hearing anything you have to say, she offered no info. and when asked a question gave the briefest of non-specific answers. General feeling is that she is not interested in medicine, like she wishs she was somewhere else. WEnt for an annual exam and she did the bare minimum, I got no test results sent to me, so I called and was sent one line statement that it was normal. Had to call again for actual results to be sent with the numbers. The office appeared to be unkempt and disorganized, I worried about the sanitation.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Piscitelli is fine for very routine care (PAP smear, STD testing) but that is all. She lacks the clinical skills to step outside her immediate area of focus and connect the reproductive system to what’s going on in the rest of the body. She ignores the basic fact that the endocrine system provides the chemical connections to all bodily organs that control body metabolism, growth, and development as well as reproduction and that these systems are very interwoven, with feedback mechanisms and connecting pathways.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

Dr. Joanne Piscitelli's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

WellCare Health Plans