Ratings for Dr. Kent A. Colburn

Not capable of rendering an accurate diagnosis. Would not let me speak. Completely inaccurate note taking. Increased medication that was giving me horrible side effects. Had to quit seeing him to actually get help.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2014

This doctor "gets it". This doctor is a very professional man and has helped me to get my life back. I've referred several people to this doctor-- even strangers on the street and all the responses I've gotten back is their ultimate satisfaction with this doctor and the staff. The receptionist is fantastic. I wish I had been to see this doctor years ago.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

I saw Dr. Colburn after being psychologically abused by a mental health therapist after severe hypothyroidism from cancer surgery. I had severe PTSD from my abuse and a medical disorder causing extreme sensitivity to medications. After explaining my abuse and having harmful side effects from a drug, I requested change to another antidepressant. Dr. Colburn refused and increased my dose of the harmful medication instead. He got very defensive. Because I was severely suicidal from not only hypothyroidism but lacking adequate mental health care since my abuse, I went inpatient hoping to get my med changed since he would not do it. When discharged I went to him with severe side effects as the drug the hospital doctor gave me had a drug interaction with a med I was already on. He terminated me saying I was not a "15 minute kind of patient" when having severe side effects. When I was prescribed the antidepressant I requested by another doctor, I was stabilized after evaluation only.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

I was cancelled on 18 hrs before an appt in Dec. of 2012. I rescheduled my appt. Dr. Colburn's office is generally 20 mins from my house. However, it was pouring rain so I left an hour prior to make sure I was on time. There was a wreck on the interstate, I spent 15 mins in the parking garage and helped an older gentleman w/his handicapped mother. I arrived 5-7 mins late and was turned away. I cried and told her I was at a critical point and would appreciate being seen. She said there was nothing she could do. I received a bill for $80 for a missed appt. We called to dispute the charge. Dr. Colburn refused to waive charge. I understand it is a business but I can not tell you how many times I have waited on Dr. Something to be said for compassion when you are working in mental health. I'm lucky, I can deal w/this setback and find another doctor. However, I'm sure there are many patients who would not transition from this setback as easily. Very, very disappointed in this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Kent A. Colburn's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1989)