Ratings for Dr. Elaine Galt

I had an excellent experience with both the staff in the Clinic and Dr. Galt today. The staff were very organized. Dr. Galt listening to my concerns and addressed my issues professionally. I forgot to take the lab test requistion form and she phoned me and leftme appreciate very much their help. Today is Monday 18 Sep 2017

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Excellent physician. Support office needs improvements.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Dr. Galt is a caring and wonderful doctor but I must agree with the previous rating about some of the office staff being rude and unprofessional. My last visit I discussed an ongoing sinus/vertigo problem and she gave me a referral to an ENT doctor. Two weeks later, I had not heard from the specialist office with an appointment date so called the office. I was told they had not heard back so I called the specialist and was told they had never received a referral from Dr. Galt. I called the clinic again and asked what was going on with my referral and was put on 3 consecutive 5 minute "holds". When I finally got through I was told that Dr. Galt had not give me a referral to any specialist !!! An obvious lie as Dr. Galt is most certainly not a careless doctor. I asked to speak to Dr Galt and was told "don't shoot the messenger" when I asked her to confirm that she was saying Dr. Galt at fault for no referral. She refused to confirm her first statement and very rudely asked if I wanted to make an appointment with Dr. Galt the coming week which from my point of view was totally unnecessary as I already knew she had given one to the reception desk. She said if I did not want to book an appointment she was going to hang up...which she did. Everyone can make a mistake and all it took was an honest admission that someone in the office staff had not followed through with Dr. Galt's referral and it would be taken care of immediately. This person was trying to cover up her ineptitude by blaming Dr. Galt. If she were my employee, I would fire her. I will be looking for a new doctor despite my high regard for Dr. Galt who deserves a staff who reflects her own professional attitude toward her patients.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Dr. Galt delivered both of my daughters, one was in the very early morning and one was in midnight. I was impressed you her knowledge and kindness. She was very professional and patient.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Good doctor but office staff need a serious attitude adjustment with the exception of Lisa. My family has been a patient of Galt's for years, however, the office staff is terrible. I made an appt online a week prior to my appt date only to get a rude phone call from Amanda advising that Dr. Galt does not work on Tues. I told her that Yocale online booking system has Tues. open for appts. She was extremely rude and made me feel like i had done something wrong. Never offered to reschedule the appt and basically hung up on me when i pointed out her rudeness. Im to the point where i'm considering looking for a new dr. Also, even with an appt time you are waiting a min of 45 to 60 mins to see the dr and the office in general appearance is disorganized and messy.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Excellent and compassionate family doctor. I owe her a lot. The office staff needs a lot of work to grow into their positions. Very unfortunate that such a great doctor is dependent on such disorganized staff.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

Although Dr Galt is fine as a doctor, the office staff who work at Seymour Clinic are absolutely abysmal. The office is dirty and untidy and one unhelpful staff member in particular is in dire need of an attitude adjustment, particularly on how to talk to patients respectfully. I have been seeing Dr Galt and Dr Walker before her for 35 years but I will not be back in that office again

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Galt's for over 20yrs. She is knowledgeable and understanding, offering referrals when needed. My mother, daughters and grand children would not want to change Dr's for any reason. Thank you!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I was a patient of Doctor Galt's since I met her at the maternity clinic when I was pregnant. I will say that she was a knowledgeable doc who would refer me when necessary but our family is healthy and we haven't had to see her a lot over the years. I decided it was time to leave her practice after waiting close to 2 hours to see her in that dirty waiting room with a young child. The wait times are insane. She was very very rude to me when I complained about the wait time and brought the entire conversation around to money, what she needs to earn and how seeing a lot of patients in a day will earn her enough to get by. I found this very unprofessional. She is generally polite to her patients but I have heard her scream and yell at her staff numerous times, which tells me something about her true character. No wonder the assistants are so unhappy there. I'm glad to never have to return to that filthy unpleasant clinic again and now have a doc that doesn't make me sit and wait for hours on end just to get the results of my blood test.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

I can't believe that some of these bad ratings are about the same Dr that I have seen. Dr Galt took care of me and my newborn in the six weeks following her birth September 2014 and I could not have asked for better care - she was very thorough and made all the necessary referrals including calling me outside of her normal hours to check how things were and that the referrals had gone through etc. She always listened to my concerns and seemed to genuinely care that my daughter was in discomfort. I never once felt rushed. One of the best doctors I have ever seen (in fact all of the doctors at the Lions Gate Maternity clinic have been fantastic!)

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014