You may also like

Dr R-B performed a fairly straight forward hernia repair for me in January, 2016. I had to wait about 1.5 hrs after scheduled time before getting into the operating room at the end of the day. It was a bit uncomfortable as I had been told to fast from midnight the day before. But things happen and when Doc R-B finally got to me he was courteous and professional. Seems that even a surgeon can't control everything that might come up. When I needed a refill of the pain melds, I called his office late Friday pm. I expected to get his staff, or worse a message machine, but the Doc answered his own phone, and faxed the prescription to a pharmacy close to me. Would recommend him to anyone requiring a knowledgeable and skilled pro!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr. Rundston-Brown has literally changed my life. After suffering for more than 10 years and seeing many different doctors, he suggested a treatment plan which included surgery and it has improved every aspect of my life. Thank you just does not seem enough! One added note, due to emergencies after my surgery Dr. RB was unable to contact my wife personally once I was done, however still called her after he was free at 11:30pm to make sure she knew I was a-ok. Now that is above and beyond service!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Last year Dr. Rudston-Brown performed surgery on one of my internal organs (I never had any surgery before). According to R.B. it was an everyday routine surgical intervention – nothing really complicated. Right after surgery my life turned into hell, excruciating pain attacks all day and half of the night. R.B. avoids seeing me and his only advise forwarded is to take more painkillers. Over the year I have talked to some people I know who have shared similar experience with this doctor, looks like I am not the only one. I would not be terribly surprised if my feedback will be deleted by the board, as a patient I realize now I have no rights at all.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

I had bi-lateral hernia surgery today. I am very impressed as well as grateful that Dr Rudston-Brown was very thorough and that I am relatively pain and discomfort free. He and his team are top notch professional. His assistant/receptionist always treats me respectfully and I find her to be very pleasant and helpful any time I have spoken to her. I'm a happy guy and look forward to a quick recovery.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

It is now six months since my pacemaker surgery. I have a new lease on life. I would like to thank to Dr. Rudston-Brown and the Nanaimo hospital professionals. Professionalism, and confidence combined with humor transformed my very serious situation into a memorable experience that I look back on as my second chance. Thank you all so much!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

My daughter waited 5 months for a gastroscopy because of severe acid reflux. She suffered a panic attack during the procedure and wasn't given enough sedation to calm her down. The procedure began without any attention to her feelings. She tried to tell them about her panic disorder, but no one listened, just put that metal tube down with no measure of comfort. A person suffering from acid reflux should not have to fast until a 1:30 pm appointment. When I called the doctor's office, the receptionist told me these types of procedures go on ALL DAY, when in fact hers was the last appointment of the day, and was actually 2:30 not 1:30 at all. Surprise! I will not be singing anyone's praises.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Rudston-Brown is the most thorough and kind doctor I have experienced. He has helped me through my IBD and I completely trust every single thing he has done to help get me into remission, he has made this disease so much easier to deal with for the past year since I've been diagnosed because I know that I am in the best care possible.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Rudston-Brown operated on my seven year who was frightened until she met her kind surgeon. It is obvious this man cares about children and worried parents. He is a stand-up guy.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Dr. Rudston-Brown has been in my life since the 90's he helped my father through his cancer and then he help my mother through her cancer. I had enlarged lymph nodes and he took me in immediately got the result and I went to see oncologist in Vancouver and within a 3 months period I diagnosed Without his support and commitment to my health I really do believe I would be gone by now. with stage 4 bone cancer and enlarge lymph nodes. I was in terminal status and was given 4 rounds of chemo the was new to the scene. I have put me into remission.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Besides being extremely rushed the last visit, he is very kind, knowledgeable, and caring. Not quite as rushed would be nice...didn't even have a chance to ask about something, but, if I had made a point to ask, he would have answered...so I should have spoke up. Past appointments went great.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Dr. Blair Rudston-Brown's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr R-B performed a fairly straight forward hernia repair for me in January, 2016. I had to wait about 1.5 hrs after scheduled time before getting into the opera..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rundston-Brown has literally changed my life. After suffering for more than 10 years and seeing many different doctors, he suggested a treatment plan which..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Last year Dr. Rudston-Brown performed surgery on one of my internal organs (I never had any surgery before). According to R.B. it was an everyday routine surg..."

December 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had bi-lateral hernia surgery today. I am very impressed as well as grateful that Dr Rudston-Brown was very thorough and that I am relatively pain and disco..."

August 8, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9S 5T4". Address has been updated from "None" to "1621 Dufferin Cres.,". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12507535319".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is now six months since my pacemaker surgery. I have a new lease on life. I would like to thank to Dr. Rudston-Brown and the Nanaimo hospital professionals. ..."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My daughter waited 5 months for a gastroscopy because of severe acid reflux. She suffered a panic attack during the procedure and wasn't given enough sedation t..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rudston-Brown is the most thorough and kind doctor I have experienced. He has helped me through my IBD and I completely trust every single thing he has don..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rudston-Brown operated on my seven year who was frightened until she met her kind surgeon. It is obvious this man cares about children and worried parents. ..."

January 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rudston-Brown has been in my life since the 90's he helped my father through his cancer and then he help my mother through her cancer. I had enlarged lymph ..."

September 11, 2014