Ratings for Dr. Richard Baumgartner

Accused patients as bums looking to get a free ride

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

Very forgetful and disorganized! Not helpful at all! Should not be practicing and should be retired!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2011

I can't believe this man is still practicing. It was many years ago that he caused me so much trauma that it took years of therapy with a GOOD therapist to recover. He was incredibly mean, uncaring, smug. I should have sued. Stay far away.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

Good listener. Very knowledgeable of medications and helped me a lot by changing me to different meds than I had been on. His intervention got me through a severe anxiety attack related to my bipolar disorder. Lynn in his office always had time to listen and has a long background in dealing with psychiatric issues. She helped me find resources for a suicidal teenager and talked with me "off the clock."

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

Dr: Rude, lacking compassion, disorganized, forgetful, doesn't like to be questioned, smug, superior attitude, couldn't hide his disdain for me the entire time I was his patient, refused to take any notes, refused to consult years of notes from previous doctors, repeatedly stated none of the medications I was using would work (thought they did wonderfully), misdiagnosed me during a crisis despite having had the same diagnosis for eight years from other doctors. I'd almost rather be in a psychiatric hospital than have to deal with him. The staff: rude, ignorant, lacking compassion, disorganized, incompetent, needs to learn how to effectively work with people seeking mental and emotional health services.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

Dr. Richard Baumgartner's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1958)