Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Schottenstein

I consider Dr. Schottenstein to be an outstanding psychiatrist. He is sensitive, intelligent, perceptive and knowledgeable in all aspects of psychiatry. I've worked with him for years and had a consistently high opinion of him in all that time.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Schottenstein has been absolutely EXCELLENT in his care of me as a client. I have been under his care for 2 years now and he has never failed to come through for me. He is always punctual, knowledgeable, and able to answer questions. His initial assessment of me was spot on and he made an accurate diagnosis in a short period of time. He has worked with me and my family to help bring me some of the most fulfilling and stable years of my life through medication. His expertise should not be doubted. I am eternally grateful for the obvious change in quality of life I have experienced under his care! 10 out of 10 would recommend him to anyone needing a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I would never recommend Dr. Schottenstein to anyone. We took our 18 year-old son to him one time three years ago and he diagnosed him on the spot with bipolar disorder. This diagnosis was based on our son's responses to a one page closed-ended questionnaire comprised of less than 20 questions -- clearly not a valid instrument for assessment. After a battery of psychological tests, our son was diagnosed as having anxiety disorder and moderate major depression -- absolutely NO indication of bipolar disorder. He is now a successful, happy college student studying psychology with hopes of getting his Ph.D. and helping others who experience similar disorders. He was very upset with Dr. Schottenstein's unsubstantiated diagnosis and unprofessional manner of delivering it, as were his father and I. Dr. Schottenstein actually hindered our son's recovery and treatment as a result of his unprofessional diagnosis by providing our son with "evidence" of the ineptitude of mental health professionals. It took us nearly 9 months after our meeting with him to get our son into therapy again. Stay away from this one.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

We sought treatment for our 18 year old son who was experiencing unstable moods which became life threatening. We cast about initially with a number of other physicians with out good result. We found Dr. Schottenstein though referral. He exceeds his reputation as a true expert. Dr. S. went about diagnosis in a highly systematic manner. He LISTENED carefully and paid attention. Dr. S. saved our childs life. He is what doctors should be, but all too aften are not. He is highly reponsive and accessible. It is no exageration to say that Dr. Schottenstein is the best expert your likely to find. Most of all, he is dedicated and compassionate. We are more than grateful to have him looking after our son. We could do no better.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Dr. Michael S. Schottenstein's Credentials

• Oh State Univ Coll Of Med, Columbus Oh 43210 (Grad. 1992)

Ameritas