Dr. Michael S. Schottenstein

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Schottenstein

Dr. Schottenstein is truly the best of the best. Our experience with him as our son's doctor over the last three years has been nothing but top-notch. He is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, attentive, and empathetic. I've always felt that he listens to my concerns and hesitations with great understanding and always puts my mind at ease through his explanations and ability to make me feel a part of the decision making process. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing psychiatric services.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Dr. Schottenstein is kind, patient, knowledgeable, and extremely attentive. He made my daughter a priority. Dr. Schottenstein truly understands ADHD and anxiety. In addition, he makes children feel safe and understood. I would highly recommend the services he provides. I feel extremely fortunate to have my daughter in his care.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Dr. Schottenstein has provided wonderful care for me, my son and daughter for many years. He was the only doctor to figure out a medicine combination that finally lifted my depression. He helped my son (who now has a master’s degree and is teaching) when his ADD surfaced in middle school and my daughter (who’s now a successful college student) with her anxiety and depression. You’ll find him to be extremely knowledgeable and insightful, as well as kind and compassionate. His approach to care is a partnership: He provides the medical and therapeutic expertise, but you’re in the driver’s seat when it comes to making decisions about your care. He is always respectful and supportive of any decision you make, yet is ready to step in, assess and problem-solve for alternatives if a direction isn’t working. He is deliberate and methodical, and takes copious notes to be able to refer back to medicines you’ve tried in the past and how they performed for you. And he’ll likely be the most responsive doctor you’ll ever have. He returns phone calls personally (typically within an hour or two), handles medicine refill requests quickly, and always makes room on his schedule to see you soon when you need him. It’s a wonderful feeling to know that Dr. Schottenstein is always there for me and my family. He has been a real blessing, especially when I’ve felt my worst, and I am immensely fortunate to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Dr Schottenstein is one of the BEST that I have ever worked with. He has helped immensely. He is always available! He is very well known in his industry.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Two years ago I was in a motorcycle accident and received a head injury, TBI. Afterwards, I was referred to Dr Schottenstein and it was one of the best things to happen for me in my post accident recovery. I appreciate his concern and follow-up between visits and his coordination of my care with the psychologist. I could never have found anyone better.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Schottenstein. My experience with him has been excellent. I was able to see him within a few days of my initial call. He is kind, knowledgeable, professional and honest. His expertise has been a huge help during mid-life when my depression worsened unexpectedly. He patiently worked with me to find the right treatment, returning calls within 24 hours when adjusting medication dosages. Dr. Schottenstein helps patients look at the "big picture" and makes helpful suggestions beyond just medication. I appreciate the fact that he sees patients as individuals and not just diagnoses.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I meet Dr. Schottenstein when I moved to Columbus and was looking for a Psychiatrist for my son. He was able to see us right away and do an evaluation. He asked a series of questions that he would repeat each session. As months went by it became very clear that my son was beyond ADHD and fell into the spectrum of Autism. With this Diagnoses I was able to get my son into an appropriate schooling and therapy. We worked on medication to help with anxiety, attention and mood. Dr. Schottenstein works close with the parent and respected what I had to say.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I consider Dr. Schottenstein to be an outstanding psychiatrist. He is sensitive, intelligent, perceptive and knowledgeable in all aspects of psychiatry. I've worked with him for years and had a consistently high opinion of him in all that time.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Schottenstein has been absolutely EXCELLENT in his care of me as a client. I have been under his care for 2 years now and he has never failed to come through for me. He is always punctual, knowledgeable, and able to answer questions. His initial assessment of me was spot on and he made an accurate diagnosis in a short period of time. He has worked with me and my family to help bring me some of the most fulfilling and stable years of my life through medication. His expertise should not be doubted. I am eternally grateful for the obvious change in quality of life I have experienced under his care! 10 out of 10 would recommend him to anyone needing a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I would never recommend Dr. Schottenstein to anyone. We took our 18 year-old son to him one time three years ago and he diagnosed him on the spot with bipolar disorder. This diagnosis was based on our son's responses to a one page closed-ended questionnaire comprised of less than 20 questions -- clearly not a valid instrument for assessment. After a battery of psychological tests, our son was diagnosed as having anxiety disorder and moderate major depression -- absolutely NO indication of bipolar disorder. He is now a successful, happy college student studying psychology with hopes of getting his Ph.D. and helping others who experience similar disorders. He was very upset with Dr. Schottenstein's unsubstantiated diagnosis and unprofessional manner of delivering it, as were his father and I. Dr. Schottenstein actually hindered our son's recovery and treatment as a result of his unprofessional diagnosis by providing our son with "evidence" of the ineptitude of mental health professionals. It took us nearly 9 months after our meeting with him to get our son into therapy again. Stay away from this one.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. Michael S. Schottenstein's Credentials

• Oh State Univ Coll Of Med, Columbus Oh 43210 (Grad. 1992)