Ratings for Dr. Alvin D. Pelt

I have had Dr. Alvin Pelt, MD as a psychiatrist for many years & now I have began a new program at CompDrug Inc, under Dr. Pelt's care for many more years- 7 to be exact at this facility. I tell you the truth when I say I have yet to meet another doctor with the level of experience, skill,knowledge, & discernment this man has. Honestly, I was a very difficult case & he helped me & saved my life. He continues to support my growth & encourages me to excel. Dr. Pelt is awesome in psychiatry & addiction services. I have seen many doctors & at times some doctors have to pair up to see me. The truth is... pairing them together cannot provide the level of quality services I received from Dr. Pelt. He is an exceptional doctor & he has no doubt earned his position with hard work, true compassion for his clients, & an ever-evolving level of knowledge that he strives to stay current with. He has been on the leading edge of drug & alcohol recovery options, treatments, & services. Thank U Dr. Pelt.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Dr. Pelt saved my life! He is by far the best addiction psychiatrist I've ever met or been helped by.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

had dr pelt at the comp drug methadone program i honesly feel he got great satisfaction kicking me ofg the progran at 160mgs.down 10mgs a day to nothing i was sick as hell and he didnt give a damñ

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Dr. Pelt was supposed to fill out paperwork for me concerning an assessment. Two pieces of information requested of him in the initial assessment were omited. When I questioned him about completeing the assessment he made me take another $150 appointment to finish the paperwork he should have completed in the first place. It boiled down to one check mark in a box beside a statement and making a sentece long statement. A sentence and checkmark cost me $150 not counting the 2 hour drive to his office!! I am made to wonder if he made the mistake in the first place or since he had supposedly done so many of these assessments in the past he saw this coming and didn't do what he was supposed to do in the first place to make me come back in and charge me for another visit!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

My boyfriend went to Worthington Consultation in hopes of getting the treatment that he needed. His Dr Linda Dennis was absolutely degrading. When we requested our money back, Dr Pelt got violent with my boyfriend grabbing him by the neck, ripping his shirt, and trying to throw him out of the office. I have never seen such an unprofessional thing in my life. It was absolutely terrifying.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. Alvin D. Pelt's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1984)