You may also like

Rate Dr. Kathie Koziol

Dr. Kathie Koziol's Ratings

Dr. Koziol is the best of the best. While she may not be as punctual as I would like, she listens to my history with patience. This makes up for the wait! She is thorough and dedicated to finding the answers to my problems. I have had the wonderful opportunity to deal with Dr. Koziol and her staff and can guarantee that I have always been treated as if they truly care about me as a person and not just a diagnosis. I am not rushed in and out of the office with the notion that I am only to be there for "one problem" as most doctors operate. Dr. Koziol is a real gem. Her staff are hard working. Keep up the great work Dr. Koziol!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2798295].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

After diagnosing Crohn's Disease she treated it with prednisone without informing me of the side effects which are critically important in the case of this powerful steroid. She failed to inform me that a patient must come off of prednisone very very slowly and just gave me a perscription that said "two week no refills". The side effect of very high blood sugar levels was never mentionned and as I did not know to graduate myself off of prednisone I stopped taking it cold at the end of the two week prescription. I immediately became very weak and sick and thought I was feeling extreme thirst so drank a lot of juice to satiate the thirst. I was unaware that my body was craving the super high sugar levels of the prednisone and the juice sugars put me back into the hospital, this time with a diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes. This is incurable, and accompanied by Crohn's Disease is unmanageable. Dr. koziol ruined my life, Literally. Her staff failed to do anything at all, she was not punctual in the least, nor helpful and shared no knowledge whatsoever. I should have charged her for malpractice, the only thing I regret more than having had her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2792998].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 29, 2015

Same experience with Dr. Koziol as most ratings outlined here. Had to take her to task on her lack of professionalism with her report writing that made unfactual personal opinions about my personality not my gastrointestinal system or diseases. Her assistant falls into the same category as rude, arrogant and actually states her own personal opinions about Dr. Koziol's confidential patient information. Every appointment is at least 1-3 hours wait time with no explanation. Also Dr. Koziol is away many weeks per month. Overkill with unnecessary tests and with Dr. Koziol's huge absenteeism resulted in not getting the medical treatment that was required in a life threatening situation. If you do not want to suffer for long periods of time both physically and emotionally then I don't recommend this physician specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2742593].votes_count ]]

Submitted March 4, 2015

rude. arrogant, dismissive, narrow minded and unhelpful. seems to think the patient is a moron and treats you that way. doesn't listen, doesn't even ask relevant questions, appalling bedside manner and appears bored. doesn't even know who you are or why you are in her office and has to re read and re write all the same notes over and over again whilst you are sitting there. poorly prepared and doesn't inspire confidence. agree with other posters.. run like the wind and find someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1344340].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

Grossly unpunctual, very patronizing, closed-minded & often downright erroneous in her knowledge & helpfulness. Would prescribe medications but never tell me why/what for. When I developed a concerning, yet simple medical problem, she refused to investigate it diligently due to tunnel vision, so the issue snowballed till it nearly killed me. I was physically unable to eat & had to be hospitalized; she was on vacation & refused to even take a phone call on my behalf for 14 days. When she came back, still refused to acknowledge the seriousness of my issue, & said highly offensive things to me. Capped everything off by not realizing I'd transferred to another hospital & gastroenterologist till 3 days after the fact! Stay as far away from her as humanly possible!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1344343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2013

Punctual: she routinely made us wait 2 hours or more. THREE hours on one occasion. Some of our appointments took 2 or more hours to complete after finally getting in! She could schedule surgery, with no explanation, in 2 days, but if you wanted a consult as to the merits of said surgery, dare ask questions or disagree, you could wait 3 more months. Helpful: not at all. gave us erroneous information/diagnosis (more than once) and would not help us understand. Talked down to both of us in a condescending, rude and arrogant manner. She behaved like a bully, ignoring our tears/fears/knowledge. Knowledgeable: We came to her with a relatively simple problem a good GI Doc should know how to handle and she mismanaged it so much we ended up in hospital in serious condition and still...would not help us or have any empathy whatsoever. We had to run for our lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1344339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Dr. Koziol is the best of the best. She assisted me through a difficult diagnosis, has provided follow-up care and is the most thorough and thoughtful physician I have ever encountered. I do not expect any doctor to be warm and fuzzy - I want the professional and knowledgable person on my side and this is what Dr. Koziol offers. She is dedicated, works long hours,is inquisitive and dependable. Every patient should be so fortunate as to have someone of Dr Koziol's intellelect on their side. Her assistant is also top-notch -

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1344338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

Excellent! if you don't mind the wait, as not always punctual for app't time given.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1344337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2012

I found Dr. Kopzoil to be extremely understanding and empathetic. At times I did not like what she had to say but I chose to follow her recommendations. The directions, while simple, were not always easy. Today I am living a more productive and healthy life thanks to her knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1344336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Dr Koziol will take the time to explain issues in detail. Thus she often runs late...but I for one, have really appreciated the time she has taken with me. And she has diagnosed what others have missed. You would be blessed to have her as your Doctor too! PJ

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1344335].votes_count ]]