Ratings for Dr. Daniel Duta

I recently had a colonoscopy performed by Dr. Duda... my first one. The procedure seemed to go quite well. There was no unusual , unexpected pain or discomfort. Afterward, while I was in recovery, Dr. Duda dropped by to tell me about his observations. Very satisfied.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Experience has been very upsetting and have been bleeding badly for more than five years, being the only surgeon around allows me to know the staff and him self will be rude considering they know they are the only help for these types of procedures. I've only been told that he would not see me due to the fact i had a seizure and missed my appointment, Had called the staff to make sure he knew and that i wasn't going to make the appoinment being in the hospital in a enduced coma due to my grandmal seizures i was having at the time, was years later i found out why Dr. Duta would not see me for so long over that whole situation until i pushed and pushed to get back in. The staff has been rude on countless of occasions to me and my social workers as well failing to return phone calls when i try to book appointments. I have been over booked many times due to him having to cancel his patiens appointments due to having to be at the hospital which is undestandable but being over booked is not understandable and then be waiting hours for him to take me in and have one minute only to have words exchanged and no examination done. Was supposed to be under for my apparent "colonoscopy" , Then was told that there is no colonscopy being done but just a sigmoidoscopy and to sign papers. They then gave me something, waited no time at all and started the procedure with me awake and well aware of what was happening, I had felt no effect from the gas or whatever they gave me, I = felt the entire procedure yelling in discomfort as he laughed about it saying "You're Fine", "Oh you can still feel that?" "You shouldn't be able to feel that". Then was made to wait over an hour after procedure because i was apparently loopy high from what they had given me before the procedure and i had no high or anything as they told me i was higher than a kite feeling normal and wanting to go home as i was very uncomfortable after feeling the entire procedure and being treated as i had been, seemed i was being rushed for another patient he had due and he was late for. Told me there is nothing wrong with me, I'm not bleeding and there is no signs of opened wounds and to use metamucil which in end made it worse, as the package does say "Do not use if you have undiagnosed rectal bleeding. He hasn't done nothing about the dark blood i have each day out of my rectum, three or more times a day. My recent appoinment was pushed with an over booking and they had no concern for my health when i was there with absolutely no energy and barely able to keep my self up. To be treated as i have by his staff and him self is unprofessional and him being the only surgeon in this town for these things has put him and his staff so high up on the mighty chair that nothing will change until a new surgeon of this type enters this community.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Fortunately I did not have the same experience as some others in this review. Dr. Duta had to reschedule my minor surgery procedure. He personally phoned me in the evening to appologize for the inconvenience. I rescheduled and all went without a hitch. While office staff could not be described as overly "friendly" they were efficient and professional which is what really matters.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Every time we go to Dr. Duta we wait at least an hour and a half. Other patients waiting for him say the same thing, there is always a wait. His staff is totally rude. Dr. Duta should respect that his patients' time is also valuable. He never apologizes for being late. If he has rounds at the hospital before he sees patients at his office he should not book early office appointments. To us that shows he is inconsiderate and pompous.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Awesome guy !! Fixed my hernia 1,2 &3 !! Right side is next.....

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

So far my experience has been with Dr Barton, but this staff is very rude and uncaring!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I had a colonoscopy done by Dr Duta in late April 2015 and was NOT pleased at all with the procedure he preformed I am a nurse and know I can be put into a trilight sleep for the process so that I would be a sleep. He did NOT do as I asked and so went through a great deal of pain. I actually yelled out as it hurt so much. I felt after that that he did not do as I asked so what would have he done during a major cancer surgery of which I needed. I fortunately went to Victoria and found an outstanding surgeon. I would never go back and see Dr Duta. It wasn't necessary to have had such pain but I think he just wanted to get the procedure done and so did not do as I asked. He said I would be out and would not feel anything. That was a lie and I wasn't impressed. Think twice to have him as your doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I had the misfortune to have Dr. Duta for an endoscopy. Although I was experiencing extreme pain, he continued to probe me anally. When I spoke to the staff at his office, all I received was indifference. I was bleeding and sore for weeks afterwards. Do not go near this quack, do not allow him to be in the same hospital....This man needs his medical license revoked.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Very happy with Dr Duta he was very professional and made me feel very comfortable. He explained everything very clearly.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

3 years ago I was diagnosed with rectal cancer in which Dr duta took care of. I have a permanent stoma which developed a large hernia. April 13 he repaired the hernia and I have devoleped more than one abcess and am still in the hospital on iv antibiotics. I have a separated something in which another Dr who did a scope Saturday says my stoma needs to be moved. Waiting on Dr duta, who has forgotten to leave proper orders for nurses and laying here sick and in pain for the past three weeks since this surgery and 1.5 years prior has frustrated myself and my family. Perhaps its time for me to consider legal advice for he has taken away a lot of my life ironically even though he saved me from Cancer. HELP PLEASE.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015