You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Daniel Duta

Every time we go to Dr. Duta we wait at least an hour and a half. Other patients waiting for him say the same thing, there is always a wait. His staff is totally rude. Dr. Duta should respect that his patients' time is also valuable. He never apologizes for being late. If he has rounds at the hospital before he sees patients at his office he should not book early office appointments. To us that shows he is inconsiderate and pompous.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Awesome guy !! Fixed my hernia 1,2 &3 !! Right side is next.....

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I had a colonoscopy done by Dr Duta in late April 2015 and was NOT pleased at all with the procedure he preformed I am a nurse and know I can be put into a trilight sleep for the process so that I would be a sleep. He did NOT do as I asked and so went through a great deal of pain. I actually yelled out as it hurt so much. I felt after that that he did not do as I asked so what would have he done during a major cancer surgery of which I needed. I fortunately went to Victoria and found an outstanding surgeon. I would never go back and see Dr Duta. It wasn't necessary to have had such pain but I think he just wanted to get the procedure done and so did not do as I asked. He said I would be out and would not feel anything. That was a lie and I wasn't impressed. Think twice to have him as your doctor.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

I had the misfortune to have Dr. Duta for an endoscopy. Although I was experiencing extreme pain, he continued to probe me anally. When I spoke to the staff at his office, all I received was indifference. I was bleeding and sore for weeks afterwards. Do not go near this quack, do not allow him to be in the same hospital....This man needs his medical license revoked.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

3 years ago I was diagnosed with rectal cancer in which Dr duta took care of. I have a permanent stoma which developed a large hernia. April 13 he repaired the hernia and I have devoleped more than one abcess and am still in the hospital on iv antibiotics. I have a separated something in which another Dr who did a scope Saturday says my stoma needs to be moved. Waiting on Dr duta, who has forgotten to leave proper orders for nurses and laying here sick and in pain for the past three weeks since this surgery and 1.5 years prior has frustrated myself and my family. Perhaps its time for me to consider legal advice for he has taken away a lot of my life ironically even though he saved me from Cancer. HELP PLEASE.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I am a retired Nurse Practitioner, my experience with Dr. Duta is abysmal! He was rude, uncaring, cavalier and incompetent. Beware ANYONE who needs a surgeon!! He misdiagnoseda d mistreated me

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Duta for a routine colonoscopy after a FIT test was positive. This scoping process found two polyps, one of which was removed and the other biopsied. However the scope was unable to reach the end of my colon (cecum)so he arranged for a CT scan. At a follow-up appointment he showed me the CT report that had determined a potential neoplasm at the cecum. He was very thorough in his explanation of these results and took all the time I needed to understand them. We also made a decision to follow-up with another colonoscopy to take a closer look and he was prepared to conduct an immediate laparoscopy surgery to remove the neoplasm if the colonoscopy was unable to reach the cecum. This procedure was conducted within 4 days (on a Saturday), was successful in removing polyps at the cecum with the scope (no surgery needed). He called me the next day to see how I was doing and to make sure that I understood the procedure. I am very impressed with his work and character.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Dr. Daniel Duta's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Every time we go to Dr. Duta we wait at least an hour and a half. Other patients waiting for him say the same thing, there is always a wait. His staff is totall..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome guy !! Fixed my hernia 1,2 &3 !! Right side is next....."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So far my experience has been with Dr Barton, but this staff is very rude and uncaring!! "

July 22, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I had a colonoscopy done by Dr Duta in late April 2015 and was NOT pleased at all with the procedure he preformed I am a nurse and know I can be put into a tri..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had the misfortune to have Dr. Duta for an endoscopy. Although I was experiencing extreme pain, he continued to probe me anally. When I spoke to the staff a..."

June 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very happy with Dr Duta he was very professional and made me feel very comfortable. He explained everything very clearly."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "3 years ago I was diagnosed with rectal cancer in which Dr duta took care of. I have a permanent stoma which developed a large hernia. April 13 he repaired the ..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am a retired Nurse Practitioner, my experience with Dr. Duta is abysmal! He was rude, uncaring, cavalier and incompetent. Beware ANYONE who needs a surgeo..."

February 8, 2015
  • City changed from "Vancouver" to "Duncan"

April 1, 2012