Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Thein

Dr. Thein does work with student patients at Oregon Institute of Technology on a very part time basis. I have seen him twice now and both times left feeling like my questions had been answered to my satisfaction and that Dr. Thein was very thorough in his assessment of my overall wellbeing. I feel that my experience has been positive because we are working to defeat my problems as a team rather than simply as a doctor/patient. We have discussed my responsibility as the patient to be upfront and honest, and he has expressed gratitude for my acknowledging the things I want to work on as well as my acceptance of other issues that I was not aware of before. Overall, I strongly recommend Dr. Thein, but only if you are willing and ready to actually effect change as part of a team. He is not my therapist but I am certainly glad to have him as one of my care providers.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

In several interactions with Dr Thein during his tenure as the prescribing psychiatrist at Klamath County (Oregon) Mental Health, the most memorable quality is that he does not listen to his patients. He certainly didn't listen to me. Once he'd made up his mind what the problem was and what medication should be used to address it, no further information seemed to be heard at all. I didn't really need to be in the room at all.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2008

Dr. Michael D. Thein's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Klamath Falls, OR