Ratings for Dr. Stuart L. Oken

Dr. Stuart Oken was responsible for seven days involutary admission to a locked psychiatric ward at a hospital which almost destroyed my family relationships for months. I have had mental challenges with depression since age 19. I am an elderly female patient who has had to deal with unusual drug side effects my whole life. Oken is an Rx psychiatrist, which means his job at Kaiser is only to push pills. There is little or no human interaction. You get 20 minutes of discussion about what the next pill is that "might" help. After my husband and I argued one day, Oken called the police, then convinced my family that I had to take a second drug for schizophrenia and psychosis, which rendered me incoherent. I was transported to the hospital and there, I unilaterally stopped medication I had been taking for decades. I was 100% better after that. However, on the next visit, Dr. Oken said I was still ill, and wanted to give me YET ANOTHER DRUG! "You're fired, Dr. Oken" was my final answer.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

This guy knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Stuart L. Oken's Credentials

• Univ Of Ky Coll Of Med, Lexington Ky 40536 (Grad. 1966)

Top Hospitals in Beaverton, OR