Ratings for Dr. Charlotte Morley

Dr Morley was always a wonderful Doctor. Her receptionist, "Wanda" on the other hand, is an extremely rude, sarcastic, disrespectful human being. She should be fired for showing so much disrespect to a client. My wife was a patient here her entire childhood, and recently has moved to the United States where she is required by immigration to have a medical examination. In doing this, she needs her vaccination records so that she is not vaccinated twice. We called a week ago asking them if they could fax us the info seeing as we are in the states, and the receptionist (Wanda) explained that they require $10 to give that information out. Understandable. My wife said no problem, I can give you a card number or wire you the money, whichever is more convenient for you. Wanda replied "no, she needs cash or check in hand." My wife reminded her we are in the states and won't be able to hand her the $ seeing as she's not allowed to leave the US until her immigration is complete. To which the receptionist replied "do you not have family living here still?" So instead of asking my wife's family to make the drive downtown to hand an office $10 to receive documents that are rightfully ours, we paid a courier to deliver $10 that afternoon. 3 days went by and we still had not received the fax. My wife calmly called back, and the same receptionist answered. (Wanda) She told us that she only got the payment the day prior, and that faxing us the paper was on her list of things "to do" and that she'll fax it today or tomorrow, to which my wife replied no problem. Now keep in mind behind the scenes we are having to continually postpone her medical exams here in Florida. When I called back to explain to her the urgency of the vaccination report, and that I would really appreciate if she could send the fax over that day, as it only takes a second to punch in a number and send a fax, she insisted that she would do it "if she found the time." I asked her just out of curiosity what she would do if my wife walked in right now with the $10 in her hand. Would she ask her to wait 4-5 days for it? Or would she just grab them and hand them to her? She replied "so let her come in then." I VERY politely reminded her once more that we live in Florida now, her response was, and I quote, "maybe by the time she walks here from Florida I'll have them ready. " I am in disbelief that this is an adult woman working in a doctors office. The absolute offensive sarcasm, the unacceptably horrible customer service, and the sheer rudeness of someone supposed to be a "professional" being a representation of the doctors themselves. I've read plenty of reviews on this doctors office, and this isn't the first time "Wanda the secretary" has been exposed for the lack of professionalism she exemplifies. Just a miserable woman who hates her life and will HAPPILY take it out on you and your family. It is an embarrassment to the pediatricians working there, and I have zero doubt they will eventually remedy themselves of this extremely impolite, and disrespectful business practice. But UNTIL THEN, do yourself and your children a HUGE favor, and FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. We are now 5 days in, and still no vaccination records, which have BEEN paid for! Looks like our next step will be having law enforcement obtain them personally if need be.. Let's just really hope it doesn't come to that.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr Morley is excellent. Highly skilled and knowledgeable. I never felt rushed and she never rushed my child which is a priority for us.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

Very good Pediatric Doctor. They are never on time. They will book you an appointment for 11:30 and you will not go in to see the till like 12:45. That's a long wait for poor babies. By the time the baby finally see the doctor, then baby will be cranky. The should do something about time.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Dr. Morley takes her time with her patients, which is why her appointments I guess are always behind. She is patient, listens, asks lots of questions, and seems to really care. Her secretary on the other hand is beyond unhelpful, and rude. If you need to deal with her, good luck, otherwise I love Dr. Morley and so does my son, making our visits pleasant.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr.Morley is amazing,because of a.job I do I take several children to see her including my young son..she is very thorough and doesn't mis anything. Halifax is lucky to have her

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Be very careful with Dr. Morley. While she has attended some of what I can only assume some of the best universities to receive her medical license. She is still human and she is still capable of making life changing mistakes. Please be an advocate for your child and never hesitate to ask for lab work if you are questioning some of her answers. It could save your child's life. I will not delve into my unfortunate encounter with Dr. Morley, but I will not allow another child or parent be susceptible to the life changing event that happened to me that could have been easily fixed by her doing her job properly. Never hesitate to ask numerous questions and go with your gut. If you feel there is something wrong, request blood work, the numbers will never lie.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Morley since she was 5 months old- and she turned 4 last week. She has been both compassionate and knowledgable. An excellent Dr. We saw her after being referred by friends and would recommend her to anyone. While there is a wait too see her, that is the way our healthcare system is. Good Dr's are worth the wait!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

Very good. So happy to have her. You can tell that she cares about the kids! But she is busy! expect a wait.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

i AM A BIG FAN OF DR MORLEY. SHE'S THOROUGH VERY BRIGHT. sHE IS DETERMINED TO FIGURE OUT WHAT'S WROING WITH MY SON. I HAVE SEEN HER BOTH IN THE ER AND IN HER OFFICE FOR ONE OF MY SONS. SHE'S QUIET AND A BIG SERIOUS BUT I CAN DEAL WITH THAT.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

I brought my young daughter to the IWK ER yesterday and saw Dr. Morley. I truly understand how busy the emerg can be, however, when she finally came to see us the interaction was less than helpful. I felt she had no answers as to what was happening. I also felt very judged for having brought my daughter in, and very disempowered in trying to advocate for my young child. She didn't have time for questions and completely went in circles when trying to answer the questions I did ask. Then I left feeling angry because I didn't stand up for my daughter. I left with a prescription. Nothing else. I have always had nothing but the best to say about the IWK, but yesterdays visit was awful. I am very disheartened.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011