Ratings for Dr. Fanie Coetzee

He has a very poor bedside manner. I find him rude and arrogant. I won’t comment on his knowledge but I would suggest avoiding him if you can.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

Dr. Coetzee is completely anti-abortion. He told me that abortion was murder, and that no one at the clinic would help me access an abortion. He kept me in his office for an inordinate amount of time, trying to convince me that I should opt for adoption. He also asked what my "husband" thought of my choice. My male partner was at the clinic with me, and of course supports whatever choice I make. I am an adult, educated professional. I cannot imagine what it would have been like to sit in that office as a young, scared woman without any previous knowledge about my options and my RIGHT to choose. A very, very dangerous doctor. I re-scheduled with Dr. Birkill the next day: he laughed at my experience, told me that there was no such thing as the abortion pill, then sent me for an ultrasound and has never followed up.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

Dr. Coetzee is the most irresponsible Dr. I've ever met. He lied to me about a medical procedure and kept me in his office trying to convince me of the "moral" implications of my medical choices. Malpractice lawsuit waiting to happen.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

One of the worst medical practitioners I have ever encountered. How this doctor is permitted to continue to practice medicine is beyond me. He needs to be reported to The College of Physicians.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Terrible doctor. Should have his license to practice medicine revoked.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

He almost killed me twice , wron g diognosis, like for me I survived

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Judges people tells people he does not give prescriptions for ailments. If you want to give up on life just get this horse doctor

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

First things first.. I thought the appointment was with his wife Dr. Michelle Coetzee which she is a doll, I've only heard good and great things about her. I was about to go on a very strong medication and a few people that has been on this anti-inflammatory said that they developed stomach issues and suggested I go and ask for a soothing/coating stomach pill you take before the anti-inflammatory. I thought yeah that's a great idea, why not take this now before it could turn into a stomach issue.. When I told him that's what I was there for he said " that's stupid, you haven't even taken it yet, your getting ahead of yourself, everyone is different" I thought I was doing a good thing for myself but he made me feel like I was a pill popper, drugie that was only there to get another fix. I don't even like taking Tylenol, etc. He made me feel very uncomfortable. When I said "I was in A lot of pain" he said "yeah pain is our friend pain tells us what we can and can not do" well I rather be in pain than have to deal with you again my friend.😑 SOME WISE WORDS FROM A OLD PATIENT OF HIS••••93 YEAR OLD MRS CHRISTINE BOSSEL, RIGHT TO HIS FACE "YOUR WIFE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR, YOU NOT SO MUCH, YOU SHOULD STAY HOME WITH THE KIDS AND LET HER DO HER JOB" ••••burn! 😌

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

This guy is an absolute joke & I can't believe he's a doctor. I have never had him personally, but I was with my wife on one occasion in ER & it was a joke. Thankfully there was an excellent nurse there that was aware of my wife's condition, otherwise nothing would have been done. My son also had the misfortune of seeing him another time & that ended up as a misdiagnosis (allergies when he had shingles) He went back the next day & luckily there was a doctors there that got him on the right medication in time. I also been told stories from close friends that saw him in ER & they aren't very flattering.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Perhaps a bit of bedside manner and sincerity in how he treats patients would go a long way.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015