Ratings for Dr. Scott Eastin

I wouldn't send my loved one to this office. The clinic manager sent a certified letter in the mail to terminate services after I called to complain about the mistakes made during our visit. I was polite on the phone and told her I didn't want any other family to experience what had happened to us. She refused to apologize or empathize with the situation and never called back. The mistakes that were made were inexcusable and no attempts were made to remedy the situation while a patient was in crisis. I was reassured records we sent were in the file and that as a spouse I would be allowed into the appointment. Dr. Eastin refused to let me come back despite the fact that my spouse had no recollection of the events precipitating the appointment. I was finally brought in at the end of the appointment and was met with a generic diagnosis. Wanting to understand how he came up with the diagnosis I asked about the records. Dr. Eastin knew nothing about his history and no records were in the chart. I had called the Friday prior to the appointment was reassured they would be in the file. I had a coy of the records in my purse and handed them to Dr. Easin who then changed the diagnosis to a much more serious diagnosis that he didn't explain. He spent roughly two minutes reading through the notes, looked at his watch, printed out an article from his computer on the diagnosis and a list of drugs to treat it. We were told if we wanted medication to reschedule and if not, there was no need to reschedule. He made zero attempt to explain the diagnosis to my spouse or how he came up with the decision. He was clearly only interested in staying on schedule. Knowing this is how families are treated when going though a mental health crisis and at a mental health clinic by a Psychiatrist is appalling. There was no respect or dignity in this office by the front staff all the way up to the clinic manager. It is too bad in a city where there is a shortage of psychiatrist that this is what we are left with when in crisis. I have heard Dr. Jennish and Dr. Robinson are great doctors, but I would never step foot in this office again. They are out to make a profit and manage their patients accordingly. They offer no on-call support after 9pm or on weekends. Not at all ethical treatment for the needs of mental health patients. Please go else where and spare yourself the pain that we experienced at one of the most difficult times in our life together. To get a certified letter discharging my spouse after I called to complain and stated we would not be coming back was just the salt in the wound I needed to make sure to write this review. I have never been this disgusted in a medical setting. Good luck to you and your loved ones as you search for a provider with compassion. Caprice the clinical director is not capable of saying I'm sorry, mistakes were made. Iowa Psychiatry is not that place and Dr. Eastin is not the man to trust your loved ones with when they are most vulnerable and in need of help.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. Eastin was very caring and compassionate. Great experience.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I saw Dr. Eastin for several years and he HATES it when an appointment is missed or even cancelled far in advance. Even though he now charges for missed visits which ws absolutely fine with me - he will terminate a patient/doctor relationship over this! I think that as a psychiatrist that is dealing with people with mental disorders, he should almost EXPECT that appointments will be missed occasionally! He is knowledgable but intolerant!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Dr. Eastin was able to figure out my medicinal needs in a relatively short amount of time. I have found him to be compassionate and quite interested in my input. He is a brilliant psychiatrist with a down-to-earth manner. I highly recommend seeing him for depression, ADD and other mental disorders.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

Dr. Eastin would listen to me. Check over my medicine - see if it was helping or not.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I also saw Dr. Eastin while he was in Salem, Oregon. I found his care and services exceptional in my particularly difficult case. I recommend him highly, and am sorry that he moved away from this service area.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

poor "bedside manner" with patients; not a good personality to help others

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

I saw Dr. Eastin for a year when he was practicing in Salem, Oregon. I had a manic episode and was afraid that he was going to ruin the fun by giving me something to bring me down. I canceled my appointment with him with several days notice. He then proceeded to drop me as a patient.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Dr. Scott Eastin's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)