Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey D. Rice

My psychologist referred me to Rice for meds. Rice never contacted referring therapist, didn't take a history, didn't ask about my time, family, health concerns. I told Rice yrs before I took meds that worked okay, tho I wasn't satisfied with them. He didn't offer another option, gave me RX for same.(An antidepressant; there were other choices.) He expected me to come back every few months for 50 mins, even though I had no probs w meds, & had a therapist. We spent five mins saying yep the meds work fine, then sat there. I tried to think of things to say, but he deflected I assume he thought I should save it for my therapist. I asked directly what I was sposed to talk about for 45 mins. He smiled & shrugged like an analyst not a prescriber. I said $ was tight, asked to come less often, meet for 20 mins unless I had a med prob. He said he didn't do that. Went several sessions, it was confusing, frustrating, not a good use of my $ & insurance co ripoff; I switched to get meds from my PCP.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey D. Rice's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1987)

Azfmc - Az Foundation Medical Care