Ratings for Dr. Derek Prevost

Dr. Prevost delivired my baby in 2008. I did not like his bed side manner. Was rude to my husband and I. As a result of his behaviour, I had a very traumatic experience.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I sincerely like Dr Prevost. He was so helpful when my son was in the hospital when he was only 4 weeks old. He followed up with my son for a few months until he felt everything was ok. The staff on the other hand. Wow. I have never come across such a passive aggressive and condescending person. Not all of them are rude but it only takes one to give ame office a bad reputation. To the staff, you're dealing with parents with sick children so please be more compassionate and understanding. God forbid you are ever in a situation like some of the patients parents are in.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Dr. Prevost was amazing. He was very informative and very nice to my daughter, she absolutely loved him. Which is strange, because she doesn't normally take kindly to men. He was very rewarding, as in he made me feel like my concerns were addressed, I will definitely return to Dr. Prevost. Actually, I'll be calling for an appointment later today.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

Our experience with Dr. Prevost was that he was very arrogant and mean. We were very disappointed and did not feel that he explained our son's medical issues in a kind, patient, or informative way. Due to this we have found a new pediatrician. We would never return to see him.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

After seeing him in the ER, we were so impressed that we asked him to also be our pediatrician. He's followed my son for 5 years, and I highly recommend him. He is down-to-earth, realistic, and gives us solid advice based on well rounded experience. It's true that we sometimes have to wait, but having been one of those families in the ER, I can appreciate that sometimes emergencies hold him up. Seeing him is well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

We feel very fortunate and grateful to have Dr. Prevost caring for our son. He is a very knowledgeable, patient and caring. We have learned a lot from him as well. My son really enjoys being there, and playing with all the toys.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

We always have to wait more than expected even if we come on time. But we understand that Dr. Prevost has to check on kids @ Surrey memorial hospital across the street of his office. Other than that he is the best Dr. and waiting for him is worth it!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

We found Prevost to be cold, abrupt and came off as arrogant. Not at all friendly with our 3 yr old she was terrified of him.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

Dr. Prevost was the ped. on call when my first son was diagnosed with jaudice at 4 days. He quickly eleviated my terrible thoughts and panic as a new mother. He was not only knowledgable but demanded that I, as a panicy new mother, receive the best care from the hospital that we could get. Although this only turned out to be help with nursing, his follow-up was professional and sincere. At follow-ups he was courteous and gentle even playing with my son and interacting with us on a proactive basis. When scary testing arose he was straight forward and honest, taking care not to worry me but giving me the information I desperatly needed. The world needs more doctors who give a care about our future, this being our kids. Thanks you Dr. "D"

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Really helpful, great with follow up. Actually contacted our family Dr after our ER visit to express concerns and request a referral. Quite refreshing in contast to Drs that can't get you out of the office fast enough.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2008