Ratings for Dr. Trent Dusang

Dr. D wrote off my Dad way too early. He barely looked at his toe or legs when we thought they were infected. He wouldn't touch my dad to pull up his pants either to look at his legs. I asked him about a cream for my dad and he said give it a try. When I told him my dad was hospitalized because of delirium due to this cream, he said I didn't prescribe it, which he didn't, but I specifically asked him if it was okay. When my dad was really sick, he gave him extra fluid, to which, another doctor told me absolutely no fluid. So, in essence, Dr. D tried to drown my dad to death. I got the feeling he just wanted my dad to die and refused to see him at home unless it was on a palliative care basis. Poor bedside manner and will not discuss anything.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Phenomenal doctor. Always takes the time to listen & explain. Communicates with all members of my care team in a timely fashion. Frequently researches options outside of the box for me. So thankful he agreed to take me on as a patient (I’m not geriatric so not in his area of special focus). Truly a 1 out 1000000 doctor, anyone lucky enough to have him on their care team is blessed.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

Horrible doctor, no time for his patients, no interest in them

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Dr Dusang was a gift to our family in a sad, difficult time. Dr Dusang is a very compassionate Dr and very knowledgeable about palliative care. Dusang took over the final weeks of care for my terminal father. Dad was able to stay at home and pass away comfortably, peacefully with family around because of Dr Dusang's care. NO other Doctor would take on supervising Dad's care: his own family physician of years would not make house calls or be available on the phone after hours. Dr Dusang rarely had to visit but was available on the phone many times,and at all hours, to family and home care nurses. He knew exactly what was needed, just before it was needed. Because of him, dad had a wonderful last weeks of his life at home. Dad never suffered because of proper medication, hydration and oxygen. Family without medical training were able to care for Dad at home because we had Dr Dusang's supervision. He is a truly compassionate Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Such a lovely man! He did house calls for us when my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and we were keeping him at home for as long as possible.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. Turn are family up side down, when to see dr dusang lol hes the most arrogant doctor my dad was not feeling well so he started to ask my dad some memory questions like name ten things you would buy at canadian tire in 1 minute. My dad name 5 things not ten so dr dusang desided to take his driver's license away from him. That kindd of doctor is he...he has no heart no feelings ps my dad had a clean driving record. But dusan still deciding to pull his licenses and said that he will never drive again. Who do you thing you areGod. Well my dad got his llicenses back no thanks to you dusang. No help came when my dad was on his death bed.JUST ONE MORE Person died,sorry t,he sorrow is to much to deal with.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

When we moving to Sherwood Park 2 years ago, we were confronted with the reality of how the majority of doctors are in todays society; busy and unwilling/unable to take the time and really make a difference...until Dr. Dusang. After switching doctors twice, we were at the last walk in clinic at Synergy for some concerns my husband had. Dr. Dusang was the doctor on duty that day. My husband although only in his mid 40's has a very complicated medical history and very challenging. I was so surprised to see how amazing this doctor was with a patient who wasn't even his own! He listened, discussed & followed up on his care from that day. Actually, when we were in there, I advised him that I gave up on the medical system and wished he was our doctor! He told me at the end of our visit that we could be his patients. I was so excited! Since then, he has seen my husband a couple of times and my husband is very impressed with his excellence in medical advise and true compassion to his patients.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Best Dr ever!! Looked after my Mom till she passed, she loved him and he was patient and very kind to her. Now he looks after my husband ...nothing but praise for this wonderful man.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Was taking my 92 year old grandmother to see him. Loved him. He took the time to listen to her which meant a great deal to her. He then took the time to listen to my concerns about her and what was happening. Unfortunately the move to a care home meant that we could no longer continue to see him and we do miss him. Very good doctor in a time when there are some very poor doctors out there.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Dr Dusang has been my family's GP for several years. I have never met a more kind,caring, knowledgeable physician.He is wonderful at explaining everything and listening to me. Yes, I often have to wait at his office but I know that he will spend the needed time when I see him and he not rush me out the door. Also, he will fit me in if I am sick and can't wait.I am more than willing to wait, knowing that I will get the expert care and time that I need when I do see him.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010