Ratings for Dr. Trent Dusang

Dr Dusang was a gift to our family in a sad, difficult time. Dr Dusang is a very compassionate Dr and very knowledgeable about palliative care. Dusang took over the final weeks of care for my terminal father. Dad was able to stay at home and pass away comfortably, peacefully with family around because of Dr Dusang's care. NO other Doctor would take on supervising Dad's care: his own family physician of years would not make house calls or be available on the phone after hours. Dr Dusang rarely had to visit but was available on the phone many times,and at all hours, to family and home care nurses. He knew exactly what was needed, just before it was needed. Because of him, dad had a wonderful last weeks of his life at home. Dad never suffered because of proper medication, hydration and oxygen. Family without medical training were able to care for Dad at home because we had Dr Dusang's supervision. He is a truly compassionate Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Such a lovely man! He did house calls for us when my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer and we were keeping him at home for as long as possible.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer. Turn are family up side down, when to see dr dusang lol hes the most arrogant doctor my dad was not feeling well so he started to ask my dad some memory questions like name ten things you would buy at canadian tire in 1 minute. My dad name 5 things not ten so dr dusang desided to take his driver's license away from him. That kindd of doctor is he...he has no heart no feelings ps my dad had a clean driving record. But dusan still deciding to pull his licenses and said that he will never drive again. Who do you thing you areGod. Well my dad got his llicenses back no thanks to you dusang. No help came when my dad was on his death bed.JUST ONE MORE Person died,sorry t,he sorrow is to much to deal with.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

When we moving to Sherwood Park 2 years ago, we were confronted with the reality of how the majority of doctors are in todays society; busy and unwilling/unable to take the time and really make a difference...until Dr. Dusang. After switching doctors twice, we were at the last walk in clinic at Synergy for some concerns my husband had. Dr. Dusang was the doctor on duty that day. My husband although only in his mid 40's has a very complicated medical history and very challenging. I was so surprised to see how amazing this doctor was with a patient who wasn't even his own! He listened, discussed & followed up on his care from that day. Actually, when we were in there, I advised him that I gave up on the medical system and wished he was our doctor! He told me at the end of our visit that we could be his patients. I was so excited! Since then, he has seen my husband a couple of times and my husband is very impressed with his excellence in medical advise and true compassion to his patients.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

Best Dr ever!! Looked after my Mom till she passed, she loved him and he was patient and very kind to her. Now he looks after my husband ...nothing but praise for this wonderful man.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Was taking my 92 year old grandmother to see him. Loved him. He took the time to listen to her which meant a great deal to her. He then took the time to listen to my concerns about her and what was happening. Unfortunately the move to a care home meant that we could no longer continue to see him and we do miss him. Very good doctor in a time when there are some very poor doctors out there.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Dr Dusang has been my family's GP for several years. I have never met a more kind,caring, knowledgeable physician.He is wonderful at explaining everything and listening to me. Yes, I often have to wait at his office but I know that he will spend the needed time when I see him and he not rush me out the door. Also, he will fit me in if I am sick and can't wait.I am more than willing to wait, knowing that I will get the expert care and time that I need when I do see him.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

This doctor is absolutely outstanding!! Dr. Dusang cared for my wife during the palliative stage of her life ..... he was kind, caring, attentive, knowledgeable .... but most importantly present and focussed on the dignity and needs of the patient. Following my wife's death, when I was desperately looking for a family doctor for my son and I, he accepted us as new patients even though he has a very busy and demanding practice. Yes, it is sometimes difficult to get an immediate appointment and you may need to wait a bit, BUT the quality of care of this doctor far, far outweighs the minor inconvenience of the wait. Well done Dr, Dusang!!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

my husband Ken passed 6 years ago now, Dr. Dusang gave him the best care and after Ken passed Dr. Dusang took the time to see that I was ok. He was caring and the best doctor I have ever seen. I have now moved to Nova Scotia where I am disappointed in the care and doctors around here. I had the best with Dr. Dusang he has left some hard shoes to fill. I am forever thankful for the wonderful man he is. Thank you Dr. Dusang you helped me more then you will ever know. Thanks to him I was able to get control of my life and now I am remarried. My only wish is that I could have him still as my doctor. Maybe he will move to Nova Scotia. what a great man.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

Have been going to Dr. Dusang for a few years now and yesterday had a very disappointing visit. After waiting two weeks for an appointment I was not given time to even discuss the problems that I went with. Was only there 10 minutes 5 of which he spent on the phone the other 5 hand on door knob.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009