Ratings for Dr. Edward P. Entmacher

Run, do not walk from this man. He was not comfortable with my son being in his office so he suggested that my son sit in the car and he would "just write him a prescription"

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Highly irresponsible in too many ways to list here. Ruined my life with misdiagnosis and wrong medication. Should be put out of practice.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

Dr Entmacher is a wonderful physician who takes the Hippocratic Oath to heart. He has his own private practice, but also volunteers his time for the local community (free) health clinic two mornings a week. That is where I see him. I have made sure to keep ahold of my own medical records, as I believe in patients' own self-help responsibility; once Dr Entmacher saw my previous doctor's notes and charts, he was happy to keep providing me with the standard of care I had once been used to (before I lost my insurance). He doesn't have a pretentious attitude, is easy to talk to, and is obviously knowledgeable and up-to-date in his field. I honestly don't understand why Dr Entmacher doesn't have a higher rating at h**lthgrades.com, other than he is NOT a pill-pusher. Addicts looking to doctor-shop, please go elsewhere. Patients with a legitimate diagnosis who do not abuse your medication, and are honestly willing, trying, and able to help yourselves: Dr Entmacher has earned an A in my book!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

We have been working together some time. He has been very helpful with both medications and psychotherapy.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2012

He always seems to know what I need. I have greatly benefited from working with Dr. Entmacher and can see the resulting growth in my life and understanding of my diagnosis.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2012

What a rare treat this doctor is. I've had a lot of therapists and psychiatrists who are strong in one area but lack in another. Not the case with Dr. Entmacher. He can and does do meds and therapy very well. Calming, at home in his own skin and he will make you stop jumping out of yours! Also, a great diagnostician and a very smooth and easy manner. If you've been searching and searching for a good shrink, he's it. The real deal. Fabulous, private home office just to top it all off.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

Entmacher was a useful resource and my initial p-doc for my diagnosis of bipolar. He remains a secondary resource for me. I would recommend him for others with similar issues. He is one of few docs I've met with a dry sense of humor, which I approve of.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Dr. Edward P. Entmacher's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Wellpoint