Dr. David French

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David French

I find it rather odd that when I left a previous review that was not so good (but honest) that it has been removed. It just shows what you are dealing with here.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2019

I recently required gum graft surgery. I was extremely impressed with how professional, communicative and caring both Dr. French and his staff were. I was a bit nervous regarding the procedure, but I was put at ease from the very start. I was also coming from out of town and the staff and Dr. French very kindly stayed beyond their usual scheduled office hours in order to fit me in, which I really appreciated. Dr. French is very professional and made me feel very comfortable during my surgery. He also followed up with me several times to see how the I was progressing with the healing. He is excellent at what he does and it shows in his work and attention to detail. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. I also love his office staff who are so friendly and compassionate from start to finish! Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2019

I had a dental implant placed and gum grafting at Dr French’s office. He was gentle, informative and skilled. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2019

Dr. French and his staff will ensure you have the best care possible. The level of professionalism and attention to detail is truly remarkable. Thank you, everyone, for all you've done for me.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2019

Dr. French is just excellent, amazing, wonderful. Just speechless. Perfect

flag | Submitted October 28, 2019

I recently had dental surgery performed by Dr. French. Absolutely one of the best dental professionals I have ever been to see. He and his staff were fantastic! I'm an extremely nervous patient in a dental chair and this procedure was quite involved with extractions and implants. His kind personality along with his professionalism, knowledge and expertise made this procedure much easier than I anticipated. I want to mention again, his staff were outstanding at lowering my anxiety levels while waiting for the procedures. I give my highest recommendation to anyone needing periodontal work. Great follow up too. A very positive experience. Thank You Dr. French and Staff!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2019

I have been a patient of Dr. French for many years. I am very happy with the level of service that I have received. He is very knowledgeable, well organized, carrying and a good communicator. He often guides me in the decisions regarding treatment options. All the dental work that I have had done here was done very well. This ranges from cleaning, to implants. I highly recommenced Dr. French and his team to others.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

Recently I had a tooth break and a front bridge fall out after 40 years of being in my mouth. I had a consultation with Dr. French about the problem wondering if the Bridge could be re-set by putting posts in and building them up. After the consultation it was found that the one tooth would have to come out which meant I would need implants to fix the problem. An appointment was booked for me to have 3 implants done. The day of the implants i was very nervous as I'm not good in Dental offices. The 3 implants were done by Dr. French with absolutely no pain. Dr. French and his staff I found to be pleasant, helpful, knowledgable, professional and extremely thorough in the consultation and the day of the surgery to put the implants in. I would highly recommend Dr. French if you need implants done. Excellent job.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2019

I am very grateful and happy that I got my implants and a gum graft done at Dr. David French's office. The office is very nice and clean. People who work with Dr. French are so nice to be around, they are very knowledgable, pleasant, helpful, professional, good natured people. Everything is done quickly, efficiently and with high quality. They make it an easy and smooth appointment for the patient. Dr. French is such an interesting person, has such high attention to details, very diligent, and of course he is extremely knowledgable and current in his field. He loves what he does, he continues to learn even though he is a Top Professional and that is what I like as a patient, because I feel safe and I'm sure that I'm in best hands possible. When you need to get something done-you would like the best in their field, and that is what I found at Dr. French Office. Thank you very much! Maria K.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2019

I have been terrified by the thought of receiving any dental work my entire life. When I was referred to Dr. French for my dental implants I had no clue what to expect. From the minute I walked in the door I received the kindest treatment. I had warned the front desk lady who greeted me that I have been known to react poorly to dental treatments. She had comforted me and then once it was time to go back she had made sure Dr.French was aware of my concerns. I have never experienced a professional taking so much time to assure me that it would be okay. I now have the pleasure of being welcomed into the office and go for my checkups often to ensure everything looks alright. I highly recommend Dr. French.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2019

Dr. David French's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

David French B. Sc. , D.D.S., Dipl. Periodontics . Education: - University of Alberta BSc 1987 - University of Alberta graduating with the Gold Medal/ first in class in 1991 - Specialist Diploma Periodontics at the University of British Columbia 1994 - Calgary full-time private practice in Periodontics and Dental Implants 1994-2015 Community activity - President of the Calgary & District Dental Society in 2000. - Founder Comprehensive Treatment Planning Study Club 1994-2014 - Founder Alberta Dental Implant Academy - Straumann Surgical mentorship program Research and Teaching - Part time clinical instructor and researcher at University British Columbia - Fellow of the International Team of Implantology (ITI). - Member American Academy of Periodontology - Member American Academy of Osseointegration & European Academy of Osseointegration - published author o Multivariate survival analysis retrospective open cohort of 4591 implants (COIR ) o Performance of zirconia abutments 1-12 years (COIR) o Tri-factorial classification for osteotome mediated sinus elevation (Quintessence) o Osteotome mediated sinus lift success – survival ( in press IJPRD) o Papillon Lefevre long-term case report JCDA o Immediate Implant Loading case report JCDA o 8 year clinical and radiographic results -GBR case report (Quintessence) o 5 year follow up of mandibular short straumann implant ( GJOS) Speaker: - National conference: Canadian Academy of Periodontology 2008 and 2012. - Biocare global forum Ontario Canada June 2015 - International Team Implantology ( ITI ) National Meeting Sept 2015

• French
  • Spanish

• University of Alberta
  • University of British Columbia

• Dental implant surgery

• ITI ( Fellow International Team for Oral Implantology)
  • invited speaker national meeting canadian academy of periodontology 2008 and 2012
  • keynote speaker national ITI conference 2015