You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David French

I was referred to this periodontist by my family dentist. The purpose of the referral was to have a deep gum cleaning. It took a number of weeks to get a call from Dr. French's office. They left a message and I called back to get an appointment. I was told the earliest appointment was for December, 2016 - 10 months away. Then I was told the appointment was not for a cleaning (which had already been diagnosed as necessary by another periodontist) but rather for another initial consultation. I tried to explain that I wasn't looking for a second opinion - this is when I was rudely cut off and told - we do not simply follow another periodontists' recommended work. I acknowledged that but asked whether it would be possible to ..... cut off again. The message being conveyed was - hey, we don't need your business, take it or leave it. Well, I decided to leave it and hope others do likewise.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Excellence - Confident - Listening Skill - Great Staff

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. French is a perfectionist! You get nothing but the very best clinical care from this Doctor who also expects top standards of practice from his staff as well. I have been a patient for a very long time and because of the treatment received, my gum disease is at bay and I have been able to retain most of my natural teeth. Probably the best service you are ever going to receive in Alberta.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. French is extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain his recommendations so I had a good understanding of what was going to be transpiring with my treatment. I was very comfortable with the surgery and the outcome has been excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. French and his staff - they have a very professional office and everyone was focused on taking care of my needs. I really appreciated the service and care.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Very knowledgeable doctor, great services. I am very happy with the treatment.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Extremely Smart, Confident, Listens Well, Considers the whole patient, Implant Guru

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I had very extensive work to be done and I was nervous - not only about the possible discomfort and the outcome, but also about my appearance in the meantime. Dr. French and his staff are so knowledgeable, polite, reassuring and kind that my fears were abated. I am now about 2/3 through a several-month treatment plan and am very pleased. At each stage my questions have been answered and concerns addressed. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. French and his quality staff!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Exceptional treatment! Extremely skilled and professional doctor. Excellent communication - fully understood all aspects of my treatment before during and after. Felt very safe, confident and comfortable the entire time. Loved it that the actual dentist called the next day to check on me. Can't say enough great things about the staff. I would highly recommend Dr. French and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

One of the better Periodontists in the city; would surely recommend.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2012

Dr. French took such good care of me! They got me in even though they were fully booked several months ahead by recognizing that it was urgent. I really appreciate the extra effort and the staff was fantastic.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Dr. David French's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

David French B. Sc. , D.D.S., Dipl. Periodontics . Education: - University of Alberta BSc 1987 - University of Alberta graduating with the Gold Medal/ first in class in 1991 - Specialist Diploma Periodontics at the University of British Columbia 1994 - Calgary full-time private practice in Periodontics and Dental Implants 1994-2015 Community activity - President of the Calgary & District Dental Society in 2000. - Founder Comprehensive Treatment Planning Study Club 1994-2014 - Founder Alberta Dental Implant Academy - Straumann Surgical mentorship program Research and Teaching - Part time clinical instructor and researcher at University British Columbia - Fellow of the International Team of Implantology (ITI). - Member American Academy of Periodontology - Member American Academy of Osseointegration & European Academy of Osseointegration - published author o Multivariate survival analysis retrospective open cohort of 4591 implants (COIR ) o Performance of zirconia abutments 1-12 years (COIR) o Tri-factorial classification for osteotome mediated sinus elevation (Quintessence) o Osteotome mediated sinus lift success – survival ( in press IJPRD) o Papillon Lefevre long-term case report JCDA o Immediate Implant Loading case report JCDA o 8 year clinical and radiographic results -GBR case report (Quintessence) o 5 year follow up of mandibular short straumann implant ( GJOS) Speaker: - National conference: Canadian Academy of Periodontology 2008 and 2012. - Biocare global forum Ontario Canada June 2015 - International Team Implantology ( ITI ) National Meeting Sept 2015

• Spanish
  • French

• University of British Columbia
  • University of Alberta

• ITI ( Fellow International Team for Oral Implantology)
  • keynote speaker national ITI conference 2015
  • invited speaker national meeting canadian academy of periodontology 2008 and 2012

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to this periodontist by my family dentist. The purpose of the referral was to have a deep gum cleaning. It took a number of weeks to get a call f..."

February 11, 2016
  • Website has been updated from "http://drdavidfrench.ca" to "http://www.drdavidfrench.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T3A 0E2". Address has been updated from "None" to "3625 Shaganappi Trail NW, Suite 212, Calgary". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14032478656".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellence - Confident - Listening Skill - Great Staff"

March 27, 2015
  • Specialty changed from "Dentist" to "Periodontist"

May 23, 2013