Dr. David French

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David French

I cannot say enough about Keltie who spoke with me on the phone today. Keltie works for Dr David French at the front of office. I called to see if I could make an appointment with Dr French for the first time. Sadly many people have experienced ( myself included ) unhappy receptionists who do not seem to care about the people they are supposed to help. This is cause for concern, as it could be a reflection of the Doctor they are representing, or the poor treatment you may continue to receive each time you step into the office. Keltie however, was one of the most positive experiences I have ever had with assistance/ reception. Keltie was polite, friendly, very knowledgeable, informative, and took the time to answer all my questions. Keltie also spent time talking with me about Dental plans and codes, so I could find out in advance what coverage I have, and be prepared for financially. I must also say Keltie was extremely accomodating when she was booking an appointment for me. You have to wait a bit to see Dr French, but that must mean he has lots of people who want to see him. If Keltie is a reflection of the treatment I will receive, I'll be in very good hands. Robbie

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Excellent!! Being a nervous pt Dr. French and staff were wonderful. Having to make difficult decisions regarding my treatment plan it was comforting to know that from the back end and front end staff all took great care my needs.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Dr. French is a wonderful doctor but his staff are really amazing. The receptionist helped me through my anxiety about my procedure. 10/10 would recommend.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

The receptionist I spoke to was not very friendly.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. French is a wonderful periodontist. But his reception staff need some training in customer service -- in particular one woman. It's already stressful visiting a dentist, and a friendly smile and voice would be very helpful.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

Excellent all around. I was undergoing orthodontics at the same time as having two implants done - the difference in care was day and night. Dr. French is friendly, reassuring, and makes you feel completely at ease and confident in his skill and knowledge during in the procedure. Wish I could say the same for the orthodontist...

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

I have been a patient of. Dr French on and off for 10 years. had one implant done and then kept needing other implants cause my other bridges broke from cavities. I've had great results. Dr French ..

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I saw Dr. French for an implant. I was very happy with his treatment especially since I saw a different periodontist prior who told me I would need a sinus lift and a bone graft! Dr. French was able to place my implant without all that which saved me money and less risk with the surgery! His staff was very helpful and cared very much. I can only recommend this office and would only see him in future if I need another implant. He is very thorough and knows what he is doing. 5 stars all the way!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Excellence - Confident - Listening Skill - Great Staff

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. French is a perfectionist! You get nothing but the very best clinical care from this Doctor who also expects top standards of practice from his staff as well. I have been a patient for a very long time and because of the treatment received, my gum disease is at bay and I have been able to retain most of my natural teeth. Probably the best service you are ever going to receive in Alberta.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. David French's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

David French B. Sc. , D.D.S., Dipl. Periodontics . Education: - University of Alberta BSc 1987 - University of Alberta graduating with the Gold Medal/ first in class in 1991 - Specialist Diploma Periodontics at the University of British Columbia 1994 - Calgary full-time private practice in Periodontics and Dental Implants 1994-2015 Community activity - President of the Calgary & District Dental Society in 2000. - Founder Comprehensive Treatment Planning Study Club 1994-2014 - Founder Alberta Dental Implant Academy - Straumann Surgical mentorship program Research and Teaching - Part time clinical instructor and researcher at University British Columbia - Fellow of the International Team of Implantology (ITI). - Member American Academy of Periodontology - Member American Academy of Osseointegration & European Academy of Osseointegration - published author o Multivariate survival analysis retrospective open cohort of 4591 implants (COIR ) o Performance of zirconia abutments 1-12 years (COIR) o Tri-factorial classification for osteotome mediated sinus elevation (Quintessence) o Osteotome mediated sinus lift success – survival ( in press IJPRD) o Papillon Lefevre long-term case report JCDA o Immediate Implant Loading case report JCDA o 8 year clinical and radiographic results -GBR case report (Quintessence) o 5 year follow up of mandibular short straumann implant ( GJOS) Speaker: - National conference: Canadian Academy of Periodontology 2008 and 2012. - Biocare global forum Ontario Canada June 2015 - International Team Implantology ( ITI ) National Meeting Sept 2015

• French
  • Spanish

• University of Alberta
  • University of British Columbia

• Dental implant surgery

• ITI ( Fellow International Team for Oral Implantology)
  • invited speaker national meeting canadian academy of periodontology 2008 and 2012
  • keynote speaker national ITI conference 2015