Ratings for Dr. David French

Excellent all around. I was undergoing orthodontics at the same time as having two implants done - the difference in care was day and night. Dr. French is friendly, reassuring, and makes you feel completely at ease and confident in his skill and knowledge during in the procedure. Wish I could say the same for the orthodontist...

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

I have been a patient of. Dr French on and off for 10 years. had one implant done and then kept needing other implants cause my other bridges broke from cavities. I've had great results. Dr French ..

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

I saw Dr. French for an implant. I was very happy with his treatment especially since I saw a different periodontist prior who told me I would need a sinus lift and a bone graft! Dr. French was able to place my implant without all that which saved me money and less risk with the surgery! His staff was very helpful and cared very much. I can only recommend this office and would only see him in future if I need another implant. He is very thorough and knows what he is doing. 5 stars all the way!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Excellence - Confident - Listening Skill - Great Staff

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. French is a perfectionist! You get nothing but the very best clinical care from this Doctor who also expects top standards of practice from his staff as well. I have been a patient for a very long time and because of the treatment received, my gum disease is at bay and I have been able to retain most of my natural teeth. Probably the best service you are ever going to receive in Alberta.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. French is extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain his recommendations so I had a good understanding of what was going to be transpiring with my treatment. I was very comfortable with the surgery and the outcome has been excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. French and his staff - they have a very professional office and everyone was focused on taking care of my needs. I really appreciated the service and care.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Very knowledgeable doctor, great services. I am very happy with the treatment.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

Extremely Smart, Confident, Listens Well, Considers the whole patient, Implant Guru

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I had very extensive work to be done and I was nervous - not only about the possible discomfort and the outcome, but also about my appearance in the meantime. Dr. French and his staff are so knowledgeable, polite, reassuring and kind that my fears were abated. I am now about 2/3 through a several-month treatment plan and am very pleased. At each stage my questions have been answered and concerns addressed. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. French and his quality staff!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Exceptional treatment! Extremely skilled and professional doctor. Excellent communication - fully understood all aspects of my treatment before during and after. Felt very safe, confident and comfortable the entire time. Loved it that the actual dentist called the next day to check on me. Can't say enough great things about the staff. I would highly recommend Dr. French and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2013

Dr. David French's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

David French B. Sc. , D.D.S., Dipl. Periodontics . Education: - University of Alberta BSc 1987 - University of Alberta graduating with the Gold Medal/ first in class in 1991 - Specialist Diploma Periodontics at the University of British Columbia 1994 - Calgary full-time private practice in Periodontics and Dental Implants 1994-2015 Community activity - President of the Calgary & District Dental Society in 2000. - Founder Comprehensive Treatment Planning Study Club 1994-2014 - Founder Alberta Dental Implant Academy - Straumann Surgical mentorship program Research and Teaching - Part time clinical instructor and researcher at University British Columbia - Fellow of the International Team of Implantology (ITI). - Member American Academy of Periodontology - Member American Academy of Osseointegration & European Academy of Osseointegration - published author o Multivariate survival analysis retrospective open cohort of 4591 implants (COIR ) o Performance of zirconia abutments 1-12 years (COIR) o Tri-factorial classification for osteotome mediated sinus elevation (Quintessence) o Osteotome mediated sinus lift success – survival ( in press IJPRD) o Papillon Lefevre long-term case report JCDA o Immediate Implant Loading case report JCDA o 8 year clinical and radiographic results -GBR case report (Quintessence) o 5 year follow up of mandibular short straumann implant ( GJOS) Speaker: - National conference: Canadian Academy of Periodontology 2008 and 2012. - Biocare global forum Ontario Canada June 2015 - International Team Implantology ( ITI ) National Meeting Sept 2015

• French
  • Spanish

• University of Alberta
  • University of British Columbia

• ITI ( Fellow International Team for Oral Implantology)
  • keynote speaker national ITI conference 2015
  • invited speaker national meeting canadian academy of periodontology 2008 and 2012

GHI